22.4.19

Maurice Jackson

The Independents
Welcome to the Science of Soul and thank you for bearing with me the last couple of weeks during my Chicago trip. On this weeks show I will be Featuring the new contemporary Gospel set from Maurice Jackson a real Chicago legend, I had the pleasure of meeting Maurice personally thanks to Paul and Yolanda Richmond what a great day that was. Whilst on the subject of Paul and Maurice who of course along with Maurice's lovely daughter Loysanne Jackson make up one of Chicago's all time great groups The Independents. They have recently been in the studio and made a great new version of "I Couldn't Hear Nobody Say" which is also included in this weeks show, along with a track from The Richmonds which is very very special based on the life of Paul & Yolanda's lovely daughter "Melinda".
Ty Hunter Jr.
I was completely blown away a couple of weeks when my brother from another mother Ty Hunter Jr. sent me a track he had cut back in 1988 "I Want To Be With You" completely took me by surprise I have been playing it none stop since and I finally have a chance to share it with you. It is available from all the usual download outlets, don't miss out on this one. There is also new music this week J Barnes Remington , Howard Hewett, Anderson Paak, The O'Jays and UK soul duo Newlands & Mather plus the latest release from Lake Charles, Louisiana's favorite son Randy Darbonne, Randy as overcome so much to get to this point it's just great to have him back. Last but certainly not least there is a little Jazz flavour from the lovely Ms Connie Wilson & Johnny G gotta thank my good friend music executive William Payton for bring this to my attention. It was great to him at Jimmy's in Riverdale. I haven't forgot the Old Skool lovers included is Curtis Mayfield , Danny Pearson and a lot more. Sit back and enjoy my science of soul.

Sunday's play list for May 5th, 2019
Hour One
Al Hudson & The Soul Partners - Spread Love
Anderson Paak - Make It Better
J. Barnes Remington - Mo Soul
The O'Jays - Start Stoppin'
Curtis Mayfield - Baby Doll
The Independents - Couldn't Hear Nobody Say
Mary Wilson - Pick Up The Pieces
Connie Wilson & Johnny G - At Last
Howard Hewett - U R The One
Maurice Jackson - I'm So Glad I'm Saved
Maurice Jackson - It's Been Revealed
Randy Darbonne & Prof Red - Your My Girl



Hour Two
Ronnie Laws - Every Generation
Ty Hunter Jr. - I Want To Be With You
Baby Lee - Goodbye
Maurice Jackson - I Wont Be Lonely Anymore
The Richmonds - Melinda
Danny Pearson - Whats your Sign Girl
Newlands & Mather - If The Sun Don't Rise
Richard Stepp - Caught Up In A Whirlwind Of Love
Dre T. Turner - Stepping Between My Sheets
Cameo - I'll Always Stay
Carl Hall - Who's Gonna Love Me
Bobby Cutchins - Your My Kinda Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-