29.9.14

Old Skool Special

Welcome to this special 'old skool' edition of the show, it's a little different this week due to fact I have had to 'voice track' the show as I was unable to present the show live (first time ever, lol) so I decided to save the new music until the week after. I hope you enjoy this two hour trip down memory lane. By the time you read this I will have spent the weekend with Archie Bell and Eddie Holman,  two soul music legends, and be sure I will give you the lowdown next week.

Pat Lewis in Dudley
Whilst on the subject of memory lane and legends, I had the opportunity, just last week, to interview my dear friend Ms Pat Lewis, it was recorded at Mickey Nold's Studio 37 and it turned into something of an epic. Pat is living history, a major player in the sound of Detroit; Memphis and Chicago, you won't wanna miss this, I will keep you updated as to when it will be available.  Enjoy the show, let it take you back to a time........

Archie Bell, Eddie Holman & Tommy Hunt (@ Skegness weekender)

Sunday 28-09-2014 playlist

Hour One
The Bar-Kays - Flying High On Your Love
Billy Paul - Sooner Or Later
Enchantment - Thank You Girl For Loving Me
Gene Chandler-Does She Have A Friend 4 Me
The Four Tops - Main Street People
Harold Melvin & Bluenotes - Tell The World
The Impressions - Miracle Woman
Johnny Guitar Watson - Real Mutha For You
Lenny Williams - Shoo Oo Foo
L J Reynolds - Come Get To This
Ohio Players - Think About You
Luther Vandross - Because It's Really You

Hour Two
Teena Marie - Miracles Need Wings To Fly
Ronnie McNier - I Love You
Ray Charles & Angie Stone - All I Wanna Do
Rose Royce - Ooo Boy
Phil Perry - Closer To Heaven
Teddy Pendergrass - It's Time For Love
Tower Of Power - Sooth You
The Whispers - Is It Good To You
Will Downing - Soul Stepping
War - Baby It's Cold Outside
Mandrill - Starry Eyed
Willie Hutch - Lets Try It Over

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-