15.9.14

Gregg Jackson

Welcome to my Science of Soul page, first off, thank you for the nice comments about the new look web site, seems the dancing girls are very popular? lol, as I said last week I can't take any credit, it's all Mickey's work. There has been a bit of a refresh on my Face Book page also, thanks to my dear friend Ms Jay Gordan of Vancouver BC., who sent me, out of the clear blue sky, a new cover design to say I was surprised, is an understatement, thank you so much Jay for all you do to help promote The Science Of Soul and all people who share the link and spread the word Carmen, Larry, Jay Tee, Emmille Fox, Melvin Jordan and countless others, also our sponsors Teddy Peterson, David Marquis & Blak King.

Thee songs in today's show!
Today featuring Gregg Jackson's new album "The Other Side Of Me," this set includes a bonus track from back in the day (1982).....you know I love my old school soul, Lol. I think you will approve. Other new music comes from Zany'e wonderful "Conversations" album, plus Philly legends The Trammps are back with a new single. One of my Southern Soul Sister's is about to hit the road for a series of dates stateside, Adrena, so thought I would give you a little reminder of her great talent. Also new music from the lovely Ms Sheila Coley and Jazmine Sullivan.

I'm getting ready to see Soul legend Archie Bell in a couple of weeks, so could not resist slipping in a classic from him in today's playlist. Listen out for a couple names you might not be familiar with; John Fox & Richard Starr, two real old school gems ....Oh and Sheila Raye Charles...guess who her daddy is.. I will be guesting on Melvin Jordan's Heavy Storm show in October, but I'll tell you more on that as it gets closer.... as all ways enjoy the music and spread the word.. [up? - Ed]

Play list for Sunday 14-09-2014


Hour One
The O'Jays - Family Reunion
Phil Perry - Pretty Lady
Richard Brooks - With All Of My Heart
Donnell Sullivan - Leaving
Sheila Coley ft. Nate Hall - Move With You
The Trammps - Get Your Love While I Can
ZanY'e  - Extra Ordinary
Chico Debarge - Soopa Man Lover
Smoke - I'm So Glad You Came Along
Gregg Jackson - Movin' On
Gregg Jackson - Sunny Day
Sheila Raye Charles - Behind The Shades
Archie Bell & The Drells - Girl Your To Young

Hour Two
Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes - To Be True
We The People - Making My Day Dream Real
John Fox - It's Up To You
Jazmine Sullivan - Forever Don't Last
Subway - This Lil' Game We Play
Little Beaver - That's How It Is
Gregg Jackson - One For The Road
James PJ Spraggins - Better Days
Joe - First Lady
Adrena ft. Nellie Tiger Travis - Another Woman's Man
Larry Saunders - All My Friends Call Me A Fool
Richard Starr - Love Is Not A Game
3PC - Picture Yo' Body

Gregg Jackson Biography:
Gregg Jackson has brought the joy and intensity of the Motown/R&B nightclub experience to packed dance floors all over the United States. He has performed lead and backround vocals with many well-known artists such as James Brown, Ike & Tina Turner, Herb reed & The Platters, The Coasters and the Drifters, as well as Otis Redding & The Tramps.Gregg began his music career at a very young age of 6 performing in Gospel choirs, dance troupes and shows. He studied under the direction of the famous Boston Pops artist Anna Maria Santorrelli Gregg released his first album entitled “One for the Road” in Nashville, Tennessee which was produced by Kevin Falwey for KYP Productions. Original Songs written by Gregg Jackson :“Home Again”“Love me like the First Time”“But She Loves Me”“Ain’t Gonna Do you No Good” about you. (reverbnation)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-