8.9.14

J. Poww


For the first time ever I feature a gospel album, as my album of the week!, "Savior Made" is the latest offering from the Lansing, Michigan native, J. Poww. If your not familiar with Jay you soon will be, he's steadily built himself a reputation as one of the Mid West's most important Gospel artists and this album really confirms it. Even if Gospel is not your thing don't close your mind to this one as it's a solid production and the songs are relevant to what's going on in the world today....highly recommended.

Darrius Willrich is a new name to me but Mickey just introduced me to his album that came out last year, It's a great piece of work I slipped a track in on this weeks show and rest assured more will come over the next few shows. Talking of Mickey he as given the web site a new look, I hope you approve and I've to thank him for all the time and effort he puts into the Science of Soul, It's way above the call of duty and friendship, he is a rare treasure to have as a friend.

I got some shocking news this week ...Algebra Blessett, Sulpacia Jones and Gwendolyn Collins will be appearing in Birmingham, England on the 27th of September, what a scoop this is, it's a rare weekend when I'm out of town but it's a Monday night show, so I'm hoping to be back in time to catch this one. When you look at this weeks playlist you will see I have been feeling a little nostalgic lately, it's heavy on the classics but I hope you enjoy. Please remember to share the Science of Soul link and be sure to stop by my Face Book page, all the links are right here at the top of the page....sit back
enjoy.


This Sunday's playlist 07-09-2014 


Hour One
Creative Sauce - Funky Luva
Brothers Unlimited - Take Me Back
Darrius Willrich - Promise Me Love
Glen GG Gordon - You Should Be My Lady
Omari Shabazz - Recipe For Love
Donnell Sullivan - I Wanna Be Your Freak
J Poww - No Greater Love
J Poww - He Can Do The Impossible
Jay & The Techniques - Number One-Der full
The Emotions - So I Can Love You
Darrow Fletcher - Love Is My Secret Weapon
Street People - Why You Wanna Make Me Love You
Willie Hutch - I Can Sho Give You Love

Hour Two
David Tolliver - Home
Touch Of Class - I Love You Pretty Baby
Angel - Break Out The Tears
J Poww - I'm In Need Of A Blessing
Wilson Pickett - I'm In Love
Dee Robinson - Feel A Little Tired
Ronn Matlock - You Got The Best Of Me
P R A Y - If Your Body Says Yes
Frankie Beverly & Maze - Never Let You Down
Nine Yards - There's No Love
Al Wilson - Touch & Go
Bill Withers - Let Me In Your Life
Enchantment - It's You That I Need

J. Poww's Biography:

“Everything I am is because of You; I am where I am because You brought me through…”
This sentiment is why J.Poww made the decision to switch gears and use his God-given talents to advance the Kingdom with his first gospel album. The singer, lyricist, songwriter, producer plans to release his latest album, Savior Made, independently in May 2014.

Savior Made is not your traditional gospel album. It’s what the Lansing, Mich. native refers to as “urban gospel” with many of the songs having an R&B vibe. “My hope is that this album will minister to the masses,” says J.Poww. The 14-track album provides a message no matter where someone is in their walk with Christ - whether they need to follow God, their faith is being tested or they just want to be closer to Him. Savior Made provides listeners a platform to praise God with “Hallelujah” – a duet withSunday’s Best finalist, Chiffon McNeal; and fans can also get a glimpse of J.Poww’s personal side with “This is My Prayer” – a very intimate prayer between him and God.
More at this page

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-