18.4.16

Natasha Watts

Thanks for visiting this weeks Science of Soul, on the show I feature London soulstress Natasha Watts' highly anticipated new album, "2nd Time Around," she has delivered a very solid set. I have as always selected 3 tracks that I really like, but you can investigate the whole album you wont be disappointed. Got new music from the Southern states by Ricky Wright and a couple of new artists to me with G'Que & C Wright out of Lafayette, Louisiana, they are sounding good.

Great to see Detroit legend E. J. Johnson [from Enchantment] doing well with his latest release solo release; "Valentine," remember I played a few weeks back too, I thought I'd jog your memory a little with it, and whilst in a Detroit frame of mind I wanna drop a little something from the ever popular Lady Champagne, add to the mix a bunch of old skool gems just to sweeten the mix and you got the full show, All that's left to do is sit back and enjoy .. If any performers want get their music to me? just email brandaluk@aol.com because it's always great to hear from up and coming music legends.


Playlist for Sunday 17-04-2016
Betty Pagett
Hour One
Tyrone Davis - Are You Serious
G' Que - So Smooth
Kevin Foster - I Can't Get Over You
ReSurface - Dance Your Heart Away
Bobby Womack - How could you Break My Heart
Betty Padgett - It Would Be A Shame
Natasha Watts - Love Who You Are
Natasha Watts - Breath
Ricky white - I'll Still Love You
Sam Brown - Loves Been Here
Mark Staggers - When I Think About Your Love
The Notations -Make Me Twice The Man I Am
Gene Chandler - To Chose



'Blinky' Williams
Hour Two
The Impressions - I Could Never Make You Stay
Isley Brothers - Just Came Here To Chill
C Wright - Swing With You
E J Johnson - Valentine
Keith Sweat - Good Love
Lady Champagne - Crazy For You
Blinky - I Wouldnt Change The Man
The Dells - I Touched A Dream
Natasha Watts - Wait For You
Homer Banks - I'm Gonna Have To Tell Her
Lanier & Co - I Just Have You
Milton Wright - The Silence That You Keep

Natasha Watts' biography:
All her life Natasha was surrounded by music, all kinds of music Reggae Jazz Blues Funk Soul you name it, her father was a DJ and she had an older sister that raved so hard it was hard for Natasha not to know the words to every 80′s soul and raregroove track above her years.

At the age of sixteen Natasha teamed up with Roame Lowrey percussionist with Maze and Frankie Beverly. He took Natasha to the states to experience recording and develop her as a young artist. Whilst in the states Natasha worked in on a stage musical and performed with Kirk Franklin and the Family, in these fruitful times Natasha’s talent grew and the inspiration from her current peers coaxed her in new directions and Natasha realised she had a new found love for Gospel and true RnB. Natasha’s stay in the states ended with the arrival of her son Taylor, this arrival took Natasha out of music for some years. But this is not the end of her musical journey. (more here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-