9.12.13

Nelson Mandela R.I.P.

Welcome to this weeks Science of Soul as I sat to write this I had the sad news of Nelson Mandela's passing, very few people can say they changed the world but Mr Mandela did, his courage and dignity touched everyone irrespective of creed or colour. I am thankful he lived in my lifetime..RIP Mr Nelson Mandela your place in history is secure.

Got some great new music on this weeks show Al Chestnut has new product, been around for quite awhile now but I think his new release is gonna bring him a legion of new followers. Leroy Allen is another talent I rate very highly he quietly keeps on churning out quality product time after time. His new release is no exception, I think it's just a matter of time before he hits big. Mickey brought to my attention a track by Sandra St. Victor Sugarfoot Is Dead, this is just amazing, need to investigate this lady further. One of soul music's first ladies Gladys Knight also as a new album, so we got a track from that set too. I have to say it's the best thing she as done in a while, to me anyway.

I finally got a chance to sit and watch the Unsung episode on The Delfonics, the problems that groups go through! but none the less the music, still sounds great, so we got a couple of tracks from the guys in todays show. I might go mad next week and do an hour of Christmas soul, seems fitting at this time of year, lol. That's chat over, now sit back and enjoy the mix remember give the gift of music and share the SOS link.


 Play list for Sunday 7th December 2013 


Hour One
Bobby Byrd  I Know You Got Soul
Randy Darbonne   I Want You
Leroy Allen  Together
Wayne Henderson ft Ron Banks
                                         Dancin 'Love Affair
Sandra St. Victor  Sugarfoot Is Dead
The Ohio Players  Skin Tight
Al Chestnut  Touch Me In A Special Way
Tommi Bell  Finding Myself
Khristian Dentley  Lost In You
Gladys Knight  All In Due Time
Rinlew All Stars  The Girl I Met Today
Maze/feat:Frankie Beverly  Mandela [live footage at foot of page] - Ed

Hour Two
Mel & Tim  Keep The Faith
Najee ft Jeffery Osborne  Loving Every Moment
Gerald Alston  Getting Back Into Love
Anglo Saxon Brown  I'll Keep Loving You
Heston Love Junkie
The Delfonics  La La La Means I Love You
The Delfonics  I Told You So
Joe Leavy  I Heart You
Avant ft Keke Wyatt  My First Love
Phil Perry  Pretty Lady
Bobby Womack  And I Love Her
The Dells  Tripped, Slipped, Stumbled And Fell

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-