20.5.19

Paul Richmond

Welcome to this weeks Science of Soul, I heard the sad news this week that The Dells founding member, and bass singer Charles Barksdale has passed away after a long illness. Thoughts and sincere condolences go to the family, rest assured I will not forget and The Dells, they will remain a staple of the Science Of Soul show. The Chicago Tribune memoir reproduced with permission at foot of page by Arron Cohen.

Paul Richmond
The Featured Album this week comes from my good friend Paul Richmond, "Monkey See Monkey Do" is a tribute to one of Paul's hero's Johnny Guitar Watson and it's been on Paul's to do list for quite a few years . It's available on download from CD Baby . Paul is an all round music talent one Chicago's busiest musicians and producer and over the years Paul as written some incredible songs a few of which I have also included in the show. We also have great new music from Bigg Robb, Andre Lee, Black Diamond, Jermaine Robbins and we revisit the current projects from Stan Mosley, Bobby Helmz and Miracle Thomas. The new release from Ty Hunter Jr., is being very well received and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy "I Wanna Be With You" is now available for download from all the usual places and I highly recommend you pick it up very soon. There are plenty Old Skool gems to take you back in time so relax and enjoy...

Sunday's play list for 19-05-2019
Hour One
Andre Lee
Frankie Beverly & Maze - Lovely Inspiration
Andre Lee - I'm Better
Jermaine Robbins - Get Up
Bobby Helmz - Got A Feeling For Ya'
Stan Mosley - People We Gotta Do Better
Paul Richmond - A real Mother For Ya'
Paul Richmond - I Wanna Tat Ta Ya'
The Manhattans - It's Not The Same
Ronnie McNeir - Ain't It Good To Know..
                                   .. You Got A Friend
J. Wonn - 21 Again
Ty Hunter Jr. - I Wanna Be With You
Black Diamond - Lets Get Back To Love



Bigg Robb
Hour Two
Bigg Robb - That's My Job
H. Andrews & Co. - Steppin' Out
Sir Charles Jones - Next Friday
Harvey Scales - Eye Games
Al Johnson - Peaceful
Earth Wind & Fire - I Think About Lovin' You
Gladys Knight & The Pips - Still Such A Thing
Lynn White - If I Could Open Up My Heart
Miracle Thomas - Undercover Lover
Tyrone Davis - Love Ain't Over There
O'Bryan - Love As Found Its Way
Willie Hutch - Anything Is Possible


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-