28.3.16

Jaheim 2016

Drew-Jamo-Bill
Very sad to report this week we lost James Jamerson Jr., 'Jamo' was such a great part of Detroit's music scene and a beautiful character, I will forever see him in my mind hunched over that bass guitar at United Sound Studios laying down the groove at a Dramatics recording session. He was one those who whenever you ran into him (and you invariably did) he made time to chat and would always leave you smiling from ear to ear. So glad I had a chance to see him just a few months ago. Be at peace my friend.

I am just starting to catch up a little bit after my trip so quite a few bits of new music, tracks from the current albums like Eddie Levert, Goldswagger, Lalah Hathaway, Greg Dean and another track from Sympli Whitney, plus new singles from J Most, J J Thames and Philly soul man Dyshon Benson.

This weeks Featured Album comes from Jahiem, his "Struggle Love" as received pretty mixed revues, but I quite like it, I'm a big fan of Mr Hoagland and the more I played the album the more I like it. I'm sharing 3 tracks with you that I personally like but give it a listen and live with it a few times I am sure there are tracks that will hit you. Got another load of Old Skool classics that I think you will enjoy so just sit back and enjoy .... but remember to tell a friend to tell a friend about The Science of Soul.


Play list for Sunday 27-03-2016
Hour One
*Eccentric Soul: The Bandit Label
Majestic Arrows - Another Day - Bandit CD*
Sympli Whitney - I Can See Me & You
Chuck Brooks - You Can't Be In Two Places
J. Most - I'll Never Forget You
Electric Empire - Baby Your Lovin'
Greg Dean ft. Jarrod Lawson - Colours
Jahiem - Nights Like This/ My Shoes
Bobby Womack & Patti Labelle - Love Has ..
                                .. Finally Come At Last
The Dramatics - I Cried All The Way Home
Suffers - Stay
Dyshon Benson - Love You Better
Goldswagger ft. Maya Azucana - I Can't Wait
J. J. Thames - Leftovers



Hour Two
Dexter Allen - Coming Home To Mississippi 
Gavin Christopher - This Side Of Heaven
Sharon Clark - That's A Good Thing
Terry Wright - I Done Lost My Good Thing
Reggie Torian - Serve Thee
J. Candy - Mysterious Girl 
Lavel Moore - The World Is Changing
Jahiem - Songs To Have Sex To 
Bobby Glenn - Morning Song
Eddie Levert - It's To Late
Lalah Hathaway - You Were Meant For Me
The Manhattans - If My Heart Could Speak
Eddie Holman - You Make My Life Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-