2.3.15

Shirma Rouse

First off, I have to say thank you to all the people around the world who took time out of there day to send me birthday wishes. I'm shocked, humbled, and very grateful. Almost makes me want to get up and dance!

The featured artist this week being;  Shirma Rouse and her album entitled "Shout It Out Loud," it's very strong! I love this ladies voice; I believe she is based in the Netherlands and appeared on their version of The Voice television show. I would love to share more information, but her biography, etc, are in Dutch and confused the hell out of me. Maybe Mickey can shed some light.... [? - Ed]

Tickets will be on sale any day now for Prince Philip Mitchell's upcoming date here in the United Kingdom, I'll make sure all the information is available here by next week. I have included a great Gospel track from the legendary Fred Hammond's 2000 project "In Case You Missed It," and we even go a little bit jazzy this week with a track from Philly Nouveau's album; "Mesmerized." I played Vasti Jackson's new track ;"I'm Still In Love With You" a couple of weeks back and it seems a lot of people, including me, love it, so I thought I would sneak it in again this week. It's music time now, please share the SOS link with a friend, the more people we reach the more can promote music.

Play list for Sunday 29-02-2015


Hour One
Charlie Wilson - There Goes My Baby
Average White Band - Soul Searching
Jose James - Trouble
Walter Jackson - I Won't Remember Loving You
Lacee - Don't Know Were Your At
Marwan Soulflow - I Got You
Gene Van Buren - The One To Blame
Shirma Rouse - Struck By Love
Shirma Rouse - Fool For Love
Lee Fields - Stone
William DeVaughn - Love Comes So Easy
Philly Nouveau - Another Fall in Philadelphia

Hour Two
The Jacksons - Good Times
Tevin Campbell - Can We Talk
L J Reynolds - Ain't No Woman Like My Baby
Shirma Rouse - L-O-V-E
Barry White - Midnight & You
Vasti Jackson - I'm Still In Love With You
Keith Robertson - God Sent Me An Angel
Karen Wolfe - Your Gonna Want Me Back
Ursula Ricks - Sweet Tenderness
Eddie Kendricks - Each Day I Cry a Little
Keith Washington - Make Time For Love


Shirma Rouse's Biography:

Shirma Rouse (born: St. Eustatius, 13 March 1980 ) is a Eustatiaanse singer who came to the Netherlands at the age of nineteen. For high school, she lived for three years on Curacao. Rouse was known primarily as a backup singer, including at Izaline Calister and Anouk . In 2010, she released a CD with mostly Soul songs , called Chocolate Coated Dreams. In 2012, a second CD, Shirma Rouse sings Aretha, which she did a theater tour. In 2013 she was a background singer Anouk along to the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö. Here she was by The Eurovision Times named best background singer. That same year, Rouse took part in The Voice of Holland . All seats turned in her audition and she chose Trijntje Oosterhuis as her coach. Rouse stranded in the semifinals, when she had to take against Jill Helena. In 2015, Rouse plays the role of Mary in the great musical-biblical Easter Event The Passion in Enschede (wiki)


The Voice Of Holland Show in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-