23.3.15

Cheri Maree

On this weeks show I feature the new album from Cheri Maree "360 Degrees A woman : Rebirth." Cheri was born and raised in Muncie, Indiana, not exactly soul music territory, but it gave her a broad appreciation of music which a valuable asset to have in any aspiring artistes career ... I think your gonna love this album I know I certainly do.

Also representing the new and recent music this week is my good friend Ken Knox and his band KNC, Ken was a member of General Johnson's Chairmen of the Board right up until we lost the General, Ken is keeping the flame burning and a great ambassador for Chairmen of the Board's legacy. Ken is a major draw on the beach music and when you hear this new track you will understand why, it's an interesting release that I missed last year was B J The Chicago Kid "Soul Of A Woman," can't tell you much about B J but rest assured I will be investigating further.

Great news for the Science of Soul 2015 as already seen the show syndicated to two more stations, as I mentioned last week, it now goes out on Jazzysoul Radio in Melbourne, Australia,  this week I'm linked up with Montgomery, Alabama based 355Jamz, which has a very strong following in the USA. The show will also continue to go out on Tampa Bay, Florida. based Legend107 Radio where my soul brother Melvin Jordan does a great job in promoting the show. Also gotta say a big thank you to Mickey Nold who manages the web site and is a MAJOR part of everything we achieve. It's music time sit back enjoy. (Technical fault during last three songs - Bills voice missing)

Playlist Sunday March 22nd

Hour One
The Bar-kays - Feels Like I'm Falling In Love
Ken Knox & Co - I'm Ready Willing & Able
Tony Momrelle - Everything's Alright
Harvey Ellison's Experience - This Is Our Love Story
Stony Murphy - Making The Best Of It
Kenya - Makeusmile
The Impressions Guess What I Got
Rena Scott - Touch The Love In Your Heart
Voices Of East Harlem - Cashing In
Carey Harris & Michael Orr - Keep My Fire Burning
Cheri Maree  - Invisible Woman + Mirror Mirror
Johnny Bristol - When He Comes

Hour Two
Esther Philips - There You Go/ Stormy Monday
Willie Hutch - I Just Wanted To Make You Happy
Chet Davenport - I Am Just A Prisoner
Butch & Rhonda Coleman - Fallen
B. J. The Chicago Kid - Soul Of A Woman
Heatwave - Posin' 'Til Closin'
Adrena - Another Woman's Man
David Ruffin - Break My Heart
Peggy Scott Adams - Your Divorce Is Denied
Cheri Maree - Sweet Temptation
Howard Hewett - How Do I Know I Love You


Cheri Maree's Biography
Her 2007 debut release, “Pure Voice,” melded the jazz, funk, hip-hop, and R&B inspired sound Cheri Maree’s audience craves. CD singles brought positive nods from music promoters and influencers from the UK’s Soulchoonz, U.S.-based Soul Tracks, and the international independent soul community. Cheri Maree’s performance at the prestigious Carnegie Hall with the Peacemakers Choir spotlighted her versatility, interpreting a vocal score composed and conducted by the world renowned Karl Jenkins. A multi-talented vocalist and musician, Cheri Maree’s eclectic sound and style enthrall international crowds and transcend language barriers. Sold out performances in Japan, and her recent 8-city tour of Russia, confirm Cheri Maree’s place on the international music circuit, connecting across cultures to spread an essential message – LOVE. (more at)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-