7.4.14

6th March 2014

It's Science of Soul time once again, I have to share this with you, every Monday morning I head over to
Mickeys with the Pod cast of the previous nights show, so the website can be updated, Imagine my surprise when I pick up a CD and looking back at me is a picture of a very young Mickey with another of my old friends Dave Allen on the sleeve ...Well I was impressed and all though I am not a big follower or fan of the Britain's Northern Soul scene it was great to see two genuine SOUL guys get there prop's, these two guys are amongst the most knowledgeable soul people I know and there accolade is richly deserved.

On this weeks show I will be featuring the upcoming album from Marcell Russell, you might remember I also featured his last outing "Serenade & Sermon" which will be looked upon as a classic in years to come in my opinion and this new set aptly titled "I'm A Soulman" continues to raise the bar. As always I have selected 3 track's to showcase the project ....but you know more will follow over the coming weeks.

30 years on
The late Marvin Gaye's passing anniversary was this week, 30 years, and I thought it only proper to remind you just how great musically Marvin was. Though very much a troubled soul, this should never overshadow his amazing talent. "Walking In Rain" is a master class in music of any genre. Other new music on this weeks show comes comes from Southern soul lady and the beautiful Ms Robin Moet, "Tearing Us Apart" is one of her strongest releases yet, this lady consistently turns out first rate soul music with a capital S. That major hit she needs to take to the next level could just have arrived.

Noel Gourdin's new release " City Heart Southern Soul " has been well received and it's not hard to see why, I have included a track from that set along with revisiting one of the previously featured artists Quinten Moore and Betty Wright....Ahhh don't even get me started on Betty's new album I could happily do a whole show on that alone lol. You will also find all the classic names we grew up with along with a few that you might not know ...that's just how we like it at the Science of Soul.

I say it every week please share the link give the gift of music and help us grow. Sit back and enjoy the journey.....



Hour One
Next Movement - Nice & Easy
Minnie Curry - I Think I'm Over You
Noel Gourdin - Heaven  Knows
Toulouse - What Would My Momma Say
Robin Moet - Tearing Us Apart
The O'Jays - Pretty Is As Pretty Does
Quentin Moore ft Tess Henley - Fall In Love
J. Redd - In Your Dream
Bobby McClure - Miss Wonderful
Betty Wright - Swan Song
Charles Beverly - Hollywood
Marcell Russell Wonderful / Clap Your Hands
Barrett Strong - You Make Me Feel The Way I Do

Hour Two
Marvin Gaye - Walkin' In Rain
C L Blast - If I'd Have Loved You More
Jesse James - I Can Feel Your Love Vibes
Heaven & Earth - Distant Melody
Tyrone Davis - I'm In Love Again
Full Force - Song Within
Danny Pearson - Is It Really True Girl
Andre Lee - You're So Special
J. Blackfoot - After The Tone
Marcell Russell  Good Morning
Latimore - Jolie
The Temptations - Heavenly
Al Green - Look What You Done To Me

[Note: for Marcell Russell's biography click on his name in the left column list]

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-