24.2.14

T.K. Soul

This weeks Science of Soul features the new album from T. K. Soul, "Life After Love", they call him the Bad Boy of Southern soul, born Terence Kimble in the State of Louisiana. Kimble has been around a few years now (9 albums - Ed) but this new set is his most polished yet. He sits between Southern soul and modern R&B, I think this album will see his star rise even higher.

If you visited the S-O-S site last week you will know I played a track from the late Gil Scott-Heron, Gil was a real hero of mine, a very complex man but such an amazing talent, it was so good to see that he as been featured on the US TV show Unsung, make sure you check it out you will find the link on my FB timeline. I am easy to find just click the link top of this page.

London Gospel NR
I had a great contemporary Gospel track hit my in box this week, I had to get it on this weeks play list, make sure you listen out for Kase Sounds, I don't know to much about this guy but I will find out more and update you.

I featured Lionel Cornelius a few months back, I thought I would remind how great his latest project is "Hey There" was one of my favourite tracks of 2013, and without doubt a future classic.

 I am very sad to report on Floyd Taylor's passing at the time of writing this I don't have to much accurate information but I will keep you updated and I will be doing a fitting tribute to Floyd in next weeks show. He died on 20th February in Chicago. Thank you to all the people who share the S-O-S link, you continue to help me grow, remember music is a wonderful gift to give.
OK on to the good stuff ..enjoy the music. [check John Gary Williams clip, base of page - ed] Click here 4 Podcast.

This Sunday's Play list, 23rd. February, 2014


Hour One
Flowers - For Real
Lou Rawls - Stop Me From Starting This Feeling
Tre Williams & Vick Allen - I Gotta Have It
Basic Black & Pearl - There'll Come A Time
DeRobert & The Half Truths - Get On It
Kase Sounds - Cover Me
T. K. Soul - Looking For A Lady
T. K. Soul - Somebody Loves You
Lamar Thomas - Life & Love
Fantasia - Collared Greens & Cornbread
Robert Gee - All This Love
Side Effect - Forever My Love
Lionel Cornelius - Hey There

Hour Two
Sandra Feva - Tell Em That I Heard It
Johnny Bristol - You Turned Me On To Love
The Counts - What's It All About
Jennifer Holiday - It's Not About You
Norman Connors - Melancholy Fire
Barbara Acklin - How Can You Lose..
            ..... Something You Never Had
T. K. Soul - I Stay Ready
Pieces Of A Dream ft Maysa - You & I
Poison - How I Wish For Yesterday
Phil Hurt - I Think It's About Time
The Choice Four - Angel Don't Fly Away
Freedom Express - Stolen Pleasures
Next Movement - For Lovers Only

TK SOUL BIOGRAPHY: 

BORN TERENCE KIMBLE AUGUST 26TH. HOME STATE LOUISIANA (WINNFIELD). I BEGAN MY MUSICAL JOURNEY AT AGE 10 WHEN I DISCOVERED I COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT I CAME IN CONTACT WITH JUST BY EAR. MY LOVE FOR MUSIC GREW IN MY TEEN YEARS, AS I WAS GREATLY INFLUENCED BY ENTERTAINERS I SAW ON T.V. AND HEARD ON THE RADIO. BY AGE 13 I WAS WRITING SONGS AND PLAYING GUITAR IN LOCAL AREA BANDS. FROM SCHOOL CHOIR TO CHURCH CHOIR JR. HIGH BAND TO HIGH SCHOOL BAND MY TALENTS GREW VERY RAPIDLY. I LEFT HOME AT 19 TRAVELING AND PERFORMING WITH BANDS IN BALTIMORE MD, BATON ROUGE LA, AND ATLANTA GA. WHILE IN ATLANTA MY PROFESSIONAL CAREER BEGAN.

 I GOT THE CHANCE TO PRODUCE THE SHOW MUSIC FOR THE STAR SEARCH MALE VOCAL GROUP GRAND CHAMPS EBONY.YEARS AFTER THAT I WAS PLAYING KEYBOARDS AND TALK BOX LIVE FOR THE GROUP UNDER 21( WHO LATER BECAME PROFYLE ON KEDAR/MOTOWN RECORDS) AND THE PRODUCER FOR PLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST H-TOWN SAW ME AND HIRED ME ON THE SPOT TO PLAY KEYBOARDS AND TALK BOX FOR H-TOWN. A FEW YEARS AFTER THAT ENDED I CHILLED OUT FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AT MY CHURCH AS MUSIC DIRECTOR.SOON I HEARD THAT WILLIE CLAYTON WAS LOOKING FOR A KEYBOARD PLAYER. I MISSED BEING OUT ON THE ROAD PERFORMING SO I DECIDED TO APPLY FOR THAT JOB. I GOT THAT JOB AND MOVED UP RAPIDLY FROM KEYBOARDIST/BACK UP SINGER TO BAND LEADER AND PRODUCER.

 I WROTE AND PRODUCED THE POPULAR WILLIE CLAYTON TUNES “WIGGLE” AND “PARTY LIKE WE USE TO DO” TO NAME A FEW. 5 YEARS LATER I DECIDED TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT. SO I STARTED MY OWN RECORD LABEL (SOULFUL RECORDS)AND CREATED THE ARTIST TK SOUL, THEN WROTE AND PRODUCED MY 1ST CD TITLED “ONE WOMAN MAN”. THAT CD SPARKED A SOLO CAREER THAT HAS BEEN NON-STOP SINCE ITS BIRTH IN 2002. .  More on his site
 

Fund-raising event last year for a John Gary Williams (Mad Boys) film

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-