17.2.14

The Science Of Soul

Latest 'Unsung' episode
Science of Soul time once again, I forgot to mention in last weeks Blog that Mickey included a link to the recent edition of the USA TV show "Unsung",  & it featured The Manhattans, what a great edition it was to, so if you didn't spot it please go back and check it out, I promise you will enjoy.

I am trying to include some of the current crop of new releases that have come my way over the last few weeks; Will Downing's new set, "Euphoria" is due for imminent release so I have included his excellent version of Teddy P's "Turn Off The Lights," I am not a big fan of remakes of the classics, but I have to say Will does a great job on this one. Another big favorite of mine is Lenny Williams' new release "Didn't I" and is also from his forthcoming album...I cant wait!

Floyd Taylor had a new album that came late last year "Shut Em Down," it's a fairly mixed affair, but worth checking out none-the-less. Floyd has had a bit of rough time since the documentary on his fathers life was screened on television in the States, and  to be fair he didn't come out of it to well, and it's left a lot of negative vibes in peoples minds, but you have to take into account sometimes the editing in these kind of shows changes the picture a little, either way I wish him well. You can find the documentary on YouTube, take a look make up your own mind. I will hopefully get chance to hook up with him at the Chicago Blues Fest in March, there's a lot of great Southern soul artists on that show.

link
Listen out for the Al Green track on this weeks show, it's not a track you often hear, but it's so-so beautiful one, and one of my all time favorite tracks from him.

Okay it's late at night or early in the morning as I am writing this depending on your train of thought, Lol, so enough chat enjoy the music share the link and spread the soul.

Track listing for Sunday February 16th., 2014
 


Hour One
Ben E. King - Smooth Sailing
Algebra Blessett - Mystery
Lenny Williams - Didn't I
Kenny Lattimore - Still Good
Maxine Braham - No Need To Pretend
Five Special - Do Something Special
The Chestnut Brothers - Choose Your Destiny
Rueben Studdard - Meant To Be
Lomax - Swing It
Floyd Taylor - One Thing About Love
Ren Woods - If You Come With Me
Moses Smith - Keep On Striving
Betty Wright - Tired
Gil Scott Heron - I Think I'll Call It Morning

Hour Two
Debra Debbs - Speeches
Alonzo Reid - Your Love Is So Good
Joe Leavy - Real Love
The Dynamic Five - Baby I Love You
Garland Green - I Know What Love Is
Eugene Record - Putting It Down To The Way I Feel
Barbara Acklin - You Don't Have To Beg Me
Will Downing - Turn Off The Lights
The Four Tops - Still Waters (Love)
Allspice - Give It Time
Al Green - Have You Been Making Out OK
Billy Paul - There's A Small Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-