6.1.14

Bradd Marquis


Ooh-ah
Welcome to the first edition of the Science of Soul for 2014, first off my apologies for missing last weeks show, a very severe attack of vertigo was to blame, (thanks by the way to all the people who contacted me to check how I was doing, I was amazed to hear from so many friends around the world) my good  radio colleague Bill Bishop sat in for me, and did a great job at very short notice.

Looking back on 2013 it was a great year for SOS, we grew week on week, thanks to all the hard work by Mickey in producing the web site and pod cast every week, he is such a vital part the show, my part is the fun stuff, I get to play the music, also to all my friends at '102.5 fm The Bridge' and my soul brother, Mr Melvin Jordan II for taking it to new places with Legend107 Radio.com in the Sunshine State, all my Face book friends around the world, yes I truly mean all-around-the-world for sharing the links...I appreciate each and every one of you. I wish you much health and happiness for the New Year.

Ok on with the music listen out for the L J Reynolds track ...shitttttttttttt I forgot how great that track was, lol. I am also featuring 2 tracks from Bradd Marquis, I think 2014 holds big things for this guy. Click 4 Podcast.
This weeks play list for Sunday 5th January, 2014


Hour One
Hodges James & Smith  Here Is Were Your Love Belongs
Walt Love  I Really Need You  
Wales Wallace  We're Not Happy
Patti Jo Make Me Believe (1999 rmx)
Bradd Marquis  Radio
Bradd Marquis  Trust In Your Heart
Ruben Studdard  Meant To Be
Charlie Wilson/Keith Sweat  Whisper
The Spinners  You Go Your Way I Go Mine
Ali Ollie Woodson /Junita Daley  Your Precious Love
Mikki Howard  Baby Be Mine
L J Reynolds  Ain't No Woman Like My Baby

Hour Two
Caroline Crawford  It Rains Because
Mickey has one 4 sale!
Bobby Hill  I Wanna Be With You
Cynthia Steeler  I'll Cry Over You
Freddie Hughes  Send My Baby Back
Syl Johnson  They Don't See The Good In You
Lennard Jullien III  This Time It's Real
Rachel Ferrell  Run To Me
Ty Causey  Creepin
These Gents  Yesterday Standing By
Billy Griffin Forgive Me If You Can
Lou Rawls  You Made Me So Very Happy
Silk  Don't Go To Bed Mad


Bradd Marquis' Biography:

Simply put, Bradd Marquis is a multi-talented entertainer (singer, actor, writer and producer). With an athletic frame, Bradd Marquis can easily be mistaken for a fashion model, but instead has chosen to utilize his soulful tenor to captivate audiences from the very first note he belts out. Hailing from a time in music when soulful crooners like Marvin Gaye and Teddy Pendergrass monopolized the airwaves, this gifted vocalist, who is often compared to these legends has honed in on their sounds and given life to today’s music. As a result of this, Bradd has graced stages to perform signature classics in tributes dedicated to icons, Sam Cooke, Donny Hathaway and Luther Vandross. Having separated himself from the legion of male vocalists on the scene today, Bradd has piqued the interest of all whom witness the magic he brings to stages. Bradd has performed on Showtime at the Apollo and brought that tough New York crowd to its feet.

Bradd Marquis was awarded the Soul Singer of the Year award on BET’s 106 & Park and has also shared the stage as part of a tour that featured singers, India Arie, Jaheim, Tamia and Grammy award winning producer, Gordon Chambers. During one performance, R&B hit maker, R. Kelly was also brought to his feet, giving him a standing ovation for his captivating performance. In addition to his musical talent, Bradd Marquis was raised in a home that valued spirituality; which is prevalent in his charming, manner able personality.

With his smash hit “Radio,” from his debut album “Finding My Way,” Bradd Marquis is quickly becoming a name that continues to be repeated when quality male vocalists are mentioned these days. Oozing with soul this versatile young man brings the essence of music, pure and simple to any stage he graces. (cdbaby.com)

www.SOULMANMusicGroup.com
www.BraddMarquis.com
www.Facebook.com/Bradd.Marquis
www.Twitter.com/braddmarquis
www.Myspace.com/BraddMarquis

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-