28.10.13

Stylistics

 Welcome back, first I must apologize for the late publication last week it was due to Mickey being off line for essential maintenance to the Internet in his area. I must thank him for getting it all up and on-line on Wednesday, he is the man who makes the website possible and his patience and continued hard work is very much appreciated.

In honor of The Stylistics United Kingdom tour I will be playing three classics from these gentlemen who's impact on the Philly sound should never be overlooked, they have an amazing back catalog of material.

My good friend Alonzo Reid keeps putting out a steady stream of great music included in this weeks show, is his latest outing, "Three Wishes." If your a fan of the late Marvin Sease you gonna love Alonzo because he spent many years as member of Marvin's band and you see the influence it had on his style, I think he as got a hit this time out.

Got music from Joe's new set but I was feeling nostalgic this week so I raided the vaults, so I hope you enjoy. Thank you to all the people who visit the site and share the link and also Legend 107 in Tampa Bay, Florida, who make it possible for it to broadcast to an audience I would otherwise not reach. Sad news with the death of Al Johnson the week, I'll play some of his tunes next week.

Remember its very easy to reach me bill.randle @thebridgeradio.net or just hit the FB link.

Time to sit back and enjoy some classic soul on this weeks show ..

 This weeks playlist, Sunday 27th. October 2013



Hour One
Deneice Williams - Cause I Love You Baby
Alonzo Reid - Three Wishes
The Four Tops - It's The Way Nature Planned It
Gerald Levert - Didn't We
Erykah Badu - Next Lifetime
Holland /Dozier/Holland - The Picture Never Changes
Marvin Gaye - When Did You Stop Loving Me
Millie Jackson - Tired Of Hiding
The Stylistics - Hurry Up This Way Again
The Stylistics - Pay Back Is A Dog
The Stylistics - Right As Rain

Hour Two
Gene Rice - Let Me Do You Right
Ann Nesby - i'm Still Wearing Your Name
Joe ft. Fantasia - Love & Sex
Cuba Gooding - Meant To Be In Love
Sir John Roberts - Do You Believe In Fate
Blackstreet - The Lord Is Real
Loleatta Holloway - Part Time Lover
The Exportations - Fell In Love To Late
Crystal Winds - So Sad
Al Wilson - I Wont Last A Day Without You/ Let Me Be The One

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-