24.7.17

Bobby Taylor (RIP)

RIP - Mr L.C. Cooke
It's Science of Soul time once again and thank you for stopping by. More sad news for soul folks this week as we lost soul legend L C Cooke brother of Sam Cooke and recording artist himself. L C was was instrumental in the rise of Sam and SAR records. I had the privilege to meet him a few years back in Detroit and, believe me L C had some wonderful stories about life back in the day, he was a wonderful character he will not be forgotten.

New music this week from Soul Junction records E.R.I.C (extra rich in class) it's another classy limited edition 7 inch single "Nightlife & Backstage" it's hard to pick an A side on this one both tracks are smooth and polished and I couldn't play one without the other. I have been really enjoying Leela James latest album "Did It For Love" so I have dropped another couple of tracks that I think you might enjoy. Freddie Jackson is back with a new single "One Night" I think with a little luck and support Freddie could have his first hit in awhile. A new name to me Stone Paxton as given us a taster from his upcoming album "In The Key Of Love" Stone is a member of the Stone City Band as well as being an in-demand producer I am really liking this single "O Baby" it shows great promise for the album to come.

RIP Bobby (photo- his 65th birthday)
It is with much sadness that I have to report Bobby Taylor lost his battle with cancer on July 22nd. I feel sure most of you will be aware of Bobby's music history and the major part he played in bringing a young bunch of guys from Gary Indiana to Motown .. the rest is history to coin an often used phrase. 'I've been blessed' to been friends with Bobby for many years, and myself and Dawn have so many wonderful memories of times we shared together, he was truly a one-of-a-kind character a warm and genuine man in an often cold and false businesses. The likes of Bobby Taylor come along once in a lifetime and leave a void that's impossible to fill..Be at peace and free from pain. Until we meet again Love always Bill & Dawn Randle.

Science of Soul Playlist 23rd July 2017
Hour One
Innervision - I Just Wanna Love You
Freddie Jackson - One Night
E.R.I.C. - Nightlife
Crystal Thames - Country Girl
Mose Stovall - Are You Ready
Willie Hutch - The Way We Where
Harold Melvin/Bluenotes - Let Me Into Your World
Leela James - This Day Is For You
Con Funk Shun - It's Time

Bobby Taylor & The Vancouver's Tribute 
  •  - Don't Be Afraid 
  •  - Malinda 
  •  - Does Your Momma Know About Me 
  •  - If You Love Her
  •  - One Girl
  •  - I Hear The Bells (Solo alt. version)


Hour Two
Denise LaSalle - Why I Am I Missing You
Latimore - If I Had Loved You More
Jimmy Briscoe/Little Beavers - My Ebony Princess
Impact - I Thought You Might Like To Know
Stone Paxton - O Girl
Leela James - I Remember 
The Green Berets - Lord Send Me Somebody
D J Rogers - Say You Love Me
Leroy Hutson - Can't Stay Away
Double Exposure - Just Can't Say Hello
Robert H Fowler & Tanya Holt - Can We
E.R.I.C. - Backstage


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-