19.9.16

Keith Sweat

D Calvin - I Choose You
Thanks for stopping by this weeks Podcast, I'm finally catching up a little with the new music this week, also be album tracking from the current sets by; Nick Pride & The Pimptones (love the name, lol) Kindred The Family Soul, Anthony David plus Steppers favorite Cardell Harrington. I also have the debut single from Bob Ivory that's titled "Lets Unwind," a special thanks goes out to my brother Glen Trevillion for hooking me up with Bob. Featured Artist/album this week is from Keith Sweat, with his new album "Dress To Impress" it's just amazing, I'd loved the single "Good Love" that came out at the beginning of the year, and was a regular on show's playlist, the album does not disappoint plus I have included 3 of his tracks this week, but rest assured I will be playing every track over the coming weeks - it really is that good!

Star Plaza, Chicago
My Favorite concert venue, that's The Star Plaza, has announced this years Thanks Giving Soul Jam for November 25th, it will be the last ever sadly, due to the venue being torn down to make way for a new hotel and shopping mall, but its going out in style with; The Manhattans, The Dramatics, Bloodstone, Enchantment, Blue Magic and just to round it out the great Lenny Williams ... it's gonna be special.  I hope you enjoy this weeks selection, and please spread the word and share the link, music is a wonderful gift to give.


Playlist for Sunday18-08-2016
Hour One
Isaac Hayes - Joy
Nick Pride & The Pimptones - Good Day
Cardell - I'll Do What You Want Me To
Homemadesoul - Work It Out
D. Calvin - I Choose You
Five Stairsteps - Time
Avery Sunshine - See You When I Get There
Kindred The Family Soul - All My People
Keith Sweat - Special Night
Keith Sweat ft. Silk - Tonight
Jungle Brothers - Doing Our Own Dang
Wilson Williams - Faith Will Bring Home



Hour Two
Calloway - I Desire You
Billy Paul - Word Sure Gets Around
L. J. Reynolds - Don't Give Up On Us
Anthony David - Boo'ed Up
Je'Kentra - Can't Love One
Bob Ivory - Let's Unwind
Keith Sweat - Dress To Impress
Charlie Wilson - Life Of The Party
Fred Jackson - I Could Use A Little Love Right Now
Joe Leavy - Real Love
Ted Pendergrass - Now Tell Me That You Love Me
Jeff Floyd - Changing Times

Keith Sweat biography:
Keith Douglas Crier (born July 22, 1961), also known as Keith Sweat, is an American R&B and soul, singer-songwriter, record producer, actor, radio personality, and an innovator of new jack swing. Keith Sweat was born in Harlem, New York to Juanita Sweat, a hairdresser, and Charles Crier (died 1973), a factory worker. Juanita raised their five children alone after the senior Crier's death. He worked as a night stock boy at Macy's and then a mailroom clerk at Paine Webber. In just four years he worked his way up to a lucrative brokerage assistant job on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Sweat worked for the commodities market in the New York Mercantile Exchange. Sweat sang at nightclubs throughout New York City until he was discovered and offered a recording contract with Elektra Records in 1987. More at Wiki

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-