23.5.16

Clif Payne

Thanks for stopping by this podcast show, I would just like to thank everyone for their kind messages 're: my Mom.' I am lucky to have so many wonderful friends. The Featured Artist this week is Clif Payne with his debut album entitled: "Welcome Into My World," I think is pretty special.

In the music news: Universal records are to release a commemorative vinyl set for the 45th Anniversary Of Marvin Gaye’s ‘What’s Going On’ album on May 21st and it will mark the 45th anniversary of the release of Marvin Gaye’s groundbreaking 1971 album What’s Going On, and to commemorate, Universal Music will also release a box set of seven albums called Marvin Gaye Volume 3: 1971-1981.

It's a 70/30% mix of new and old in this weeks show, please do relax and enjoy the songs.

This Sundays playlist (22-05-2015)

Ollie's (in Temps's) daughter!
 Hour One 
B Angie B - I Just Simply Wanna Love You
Andrey Seville - Sexy Lady
Joe Leavy - Deja Vu
Natasha Watts & Omar - Insatiable
ReSurface - You Got What I Want
The Notations - If I Lost Your Love [LP on CD now]
Clif Payne - Welcome To My World
Clif Payne - All The Things That I Love
Candace Woodson - The Answer Is No
D Maurice - Ear Hustling
Ronnie Walker - Just Can't Say Hello
J. J. Thames - Leftovers



 Hour Two 
Ray Robinson - Do You Hear Me
Clif Payne - I'm Always Yours
Anglo Saxon Brown - Straighten It Out (LP now on CD)
Dionyza - Waiting
Nancy Butts - I Can't But Love One Man At A Time
Tommy McGee - To Make You Happy
Greg Dean & Jarrod Lawson - Colours
J. Most - I'll Never Forget You
Meyer Hawthorne - Cosmic Love
Tyrone Davis - So Good To Be Home With You
Anita Baker - Angel
Eric Benét - Sometimes I Cry

Clif Payne's biography:
Freda & Clif Payne
Clif was born in Harlem and resides in the San Francisco Bay Area. His eclectic vocals span the genres of jazz, R&B, gospel, blues, rock and pop. He is "a lush tenor with soaring melismas in his individual passages," according to the Los Angeles Times. Payne has opened for Tony Bennett, Dionne Warwick and Johnny Mathis and has shared the stage with Dianne Reeves, Lionel Richie and Bobby McFerrin. Welcome To My World is Payne's debut solo album and features Payne singing a duet--"No Payne, No Gain" --with the legendary R&B/Jazz vocalist Freda Payne. She is best known for her hit song "Band Of Gold." Also on the album is original En Vogue singer Maxine Jones. Reggie Calloway from Midnight Star also makes an appearance. Welcome To My World was produced by R&B Songwriter Hall of fame-er Preston Glass, and Grammy orchestra music director Larry Batiste. More at: clifpayne.org


tobywalker's Respect 2016 album on Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-