15.2.16

Eddie Levert

On this weeks Science of Soul I will pay tribute to Earth Wind & Fire's late founding member and driving force Maurice White, White helped to bring a whole new sound to the Windy City and made EWF one of the hottest bands on the planet. Much has been written about already about him and his music legacy that will last for generations to come ... a job well done -  he will be missed.



Featured Album this week comes from an American treasure Mr Eddie Levert, the title track "Did I Make You Go Ooh" as been around a few months now and just gets better every time you hear it. I love Eddie but there are one or two tracks that don't float my boat but by and large it's a solid album. My thanks go to DJ Mark Merry for getting the album to me, I owe you one Mark.

Had to include a Millie Jackson classic after seeing her great show last weekend .. was hard to pick a highlight from such a great set.
Have to shout out to Mickey for getting last weeks show on to pod cast in my absence ... what would I do without him.
Ok it's music time sit back and enjoy.

Playlist 14-02-2016
Hour One
E.W.F. - Fall In Love With Me
E.W.F. - You & I
E.W.F. - That's The Way Of The World
Sarah Lesol - I Like It Like That
E.J. Johnson - Valentine
Victor Willis - Follow Through
Lo Key - Getcha Girlfriend
The Ebonys - One Thing On My Mind
David Tolliver - I Gotta Know
Eddie Levert - Never Miss Your Water
Eddie Levert - That's The Way Love Is
Bigg Robb - I Love You
The Impressions - Soulful Love


Hour Two 
Millie Jackson - All The Way Lover
Pat Lundy - Love Child
Jin Jin Reeves - Yum Yum
Karen Wolfe - Stuttering
Clinton Coleman - Write Up To Heaven
Rabbit - Love For The Ghetto
Q Harper - Pain Before Pleasure
Betty Padgett - Never Coming Home
The Chi-Lites - Letter To Myself
David Ruffin - Slow Motion
Eddie Levert - Did I Make You Go Ooh

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-