4.1.16

Ladies Of Soul

Welcome to the first edition of the Science of Soul for 2016. I closed last year with a tribute to the Men of Soul, so it's only fitting that this week a tribute to the ladies is made with a step into the new year with the Ladies of Soul. Just as last week, this show could have been lasted all day and I would still not have had room for everything I'd wanted to play, so if I missed out a favorite of yours, apologies in advance, sincerely hope you enjoy my selection on the day .. on another day it would probably be entirely different.

Reunited
Sad news to report with the passing of Ms Natalie Cole, who was just 65 years old, though her life was somewhat troubled which is often the case when your parent was an Iconic figure in the music business, that aside she has left a legacy that will be treasured. Natalie will be reunited with her Father Nat 'King' Cole ... what a beautiful thought. On a happier note I wish you all a new year filled with love and adventures that make you smile, remember each day is a blessing .. extra RIP to William Guest who was a founding member of Gladys Knight's Pips group too.
OK sit back and enjoy the Ladies of Soul..please remember to tell a friend to tell a friend ... It's rude not to share.

Playlist for 03-01-2016

Hour One
Dionne Warwick - Move Me No Mountain
Aretha Franklin - One Step Ahead
The Emotions - So I Can Love You
Angie Stone - No More Rain
Anita Baker - You Bring Me Joy
Alicia Keys - You Don't Know My Name
Deneice Williams - Cause I Love You
Rose Royce - Ooh Boy
Adriana Evans - Set In Stone
Ms Monique - Becoming The Man I Want
Lola - Two Fools In One House
Teena Marie - Sweet Tooth



Hour Two
Esther Phillips - Stormy Weather
Natalie Cole - Take A Look
Yolanda Adams - Open My Heart
Denise LaSalle - Feet Don't Fail Me Now
Shirley Brown - You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man
Uvee Hayes - In The Mood
Leela James - When A Woman Loves Somebody
Millie Jackson - Tired Of Hiding
Marlena Shaw - Go Away Little Boy
Betty Wright - If They Knew Better
Barbara Mason - I Keep On Loving You


German TV documentary made about 1976 about Memphis Soul, many of the greats of Stax soul are included as well as footage of WDIA radio studios and rare live footage of Joyce Cobb who recorded briefly for Stax's Truth label - Mickey

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-