21.12.15

Jayna Blackwell

Jayna Blackwell
Welcome to this weeks edition of the Science of Soul, I must apologize, Re: last weeks Podcast, due to technical problems at BCR Studios, the show recording was sadly lost, but everything will be back to normal this week. I hope you enjoyed the Dramatics and Fab Glanton Specials instead. Featured Artist this week comes with the lovely Ms Jayna Blackwell. I have included a couple of tracks from her upcoming EP that I think you may enjoy. I've also dropped a few Christmas tunes into the mix seeing as it's that time of the year (just  3 days to go!) The Chicago Blues Fest line-up has just been announced and it includes; Lenny Williams, Shirley Brown, Sir Charles Jones and Bobby Rush and other acts to be added ... yes I feel a trip coming on. The date is at the Star Plaza in Merriville, Indiana.

I want take this opportunity to wish you a happy and peaceful Christmas, the show will run as normal over the holiday period. Ok it's podcast time - sit back and it'll all be fine ...

Play list 20-12-2015

Hour One
Shannon - After Work Party
DaPaul - London Town
Cardell - What Does It Mean
Kenya - Little Drummer Boy
The Dramatics - Very Best Christmas
Kenny Lattimore - You Have My Heart
The Manhattans - Honey Honey
Lenny Williams - 'Cus I Love You
Wendell B - Ya'll Ain't Ready
Jayna Blackwell/Niecy Robinson - Can't Get On My Base
Jayna Blackwell - That's My Song
Janice Dempsey/Danny Pickering - Magic Christmas



Hour Two
Keith Sweat - I'll Give All My Love To You
Funmilayo Ngoz - Abide In Me
Brandon Williams - Now I Know
Devon Howard - T-Y-C-O
Ohio Players - I Wanna Be Free
Bobby Womack - That's The Way I Feel About You
Eddie Kendrick - Can I 
Millie Jackson - There You Are
Teddy Pendergrass - Time For Love
Eddie Levert - Did It Make You Go Ooh
War - Baby It's Cold Outside
Isley Brothers - What Can I Bring You

Jayna Blackwell's biography:
Jayna Blackwell has been singing since she was four years old. Singing first in church you could often find her in the youth and young adult and state choirs, of her home church and it’s jurisdiction. While still holding on to her gospel roots, Jayna began singing R&B professionally in the early 90’s and she hasn’t stopped yet. Her eclectic musical taste and style has enabled her to develop a voice that includes genres such as R&B, Funk, Jazz and even Rock & Roll. She credits her first band; Thrilltrain for opening her up to singing Rock & Roll and Mr. Barron Edwards for strategically placing her in his Motown Revue Tribute Show and his well received R&B show band and for forcing her to sing professionally again after quitting the business at an earlier stage in her career. Jayna quickly became known as an established background vocalist supporting several local bands and solo artists for many years. This woman has a story which she tells in the sound of her voice. (CDBaby)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-