21.9.15

Cardell

Science of Soul time once again, this weeks featured artist is Cardell, he's based in Los Angeles, and the album; "What is Love" is aimed squarely at the Steppers market in the USA, not a bad thing if you ask me !!,. Cardell's influences are pure Chi Town, where his career began ... if you like your music smooth and flowing your gonna enjoy this. A friend of mine Iona Alexander from Mississippi turned me on to a completely new name to me Napoleon Demps had to include a track from this guy, I will be investigating further, lol.

DaPaul @ his Hereford gig today
My flight is booked for Detroit, USA on October 1st, where I will be attending the Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame induction ceremony, I can't wait for this it's gonna be an amazing event. I will be sharing a lot more about this with you on my return. Mickey Nold and myself have just attended the pre launch event for DaPaul's UK forthcoming album "London Town" that's due out towards the end of the year, gotta say this guy is a star on the rise .... no doubt about it. Ok lets hit music please remember to share with a friend ... the more we reach the more we teach .. that's The Science of Soul.

Playlist for Sunday 20-09-2015
 
Hour One
The Joneses
Average White Band - Soul Mine
Paul Craver - Girl I Love You
Cool Million ft P.A.C.E. - Type Of A Woman
The Joneses - I Can't See What You See In Me
The Manhattans - Give Him Up
Napoleon Demps - Party Like The Rich Folks
Cardell - That's When I Fall In Love
Cardell - It's Up To You
Irma Thomas - It's Starting To Get To Me
Lanier & Co - I Gotta Have You
Jureesa McBride - Karma
Frank McKinney - Hey Sexy Lady
Lonnie Givens - Hey Mr DJ


Hour Two
Theo Huff - So Called Friends
Steve Mancha - Don't Make Me A Storyteller
Toni Redd - Every Moment
DaPaul - She's So Entertaining
The Contours - That Day When She Needed Me
Duane Williams - Yes My Love Is Real
Cardell - What Does It Mean
Gladys Knight - Waiting For The Last Goodbye
Chuck Cissel - All I See Is You
Willie Clayton - Dance The Night Away
JD 73 ft. Fraser - Don't Forget My Love
Teddy Pendergrass - It Don't Hurt Me Now
Al Wilson - Touch & Go

With Contours Friday @ Northhampton

Cardell's biography:

Cardell's latest CD is a triumph that should come as no surprise, this Chicago native has spent  many years perfecting his craft. Cardell has worked with such notables like Brighterside Of Darkness (Love Jones), DJ Rogers ( Say You Love Me ), Alicia Myers (If You Play Your Cards Right). Cardell's shows a soulfulness that will warm up your day.
   After starting out in Chicago, Cardell moved to Los Angeles where he began to play with Phil Upchurch, George Duke and Joyce Wilson (Tony Orlando and Dawn), he also shared the stage with Phil Perry and Chick Corea, Glenn Jones, The Stylistics, Maysa, amongst others.
   Cardell's record distributed by BMG, " Baby Don't Fool Around " raced to 62 in Billboard's R & B Charts. He also wrote " Every Time I Fall In Love" for Norman Connors.
   On his latest release " True Love " Cardell focuses on a topic that everyone will experience, LOVE & ROMANCE. Cardell states " Not only did I want this to be a very personal CD down to performing all instruments, lead & background vocals, producing writing all of the material, I want this CD to touch the hearts and souls of men and women alike". Cardell has toured in most of the US. In places like Oakland, Vegas, Los Angeles, Seattle, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Killeen, Chicago, Flint, Detroit, Milwaukee, Toledo, St.Louise, Atlanta, North Carolina, Orlando, and Minnesota. Look for him soon in a town near you. (reverbnation)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-