22.6.15

Gil Scott Heron

KCO
Thanks for visiting the Science of Soul web site, I'm still playing catch-up with the new music here! There seems to be so much great stuff around at the moment, I just played a track from Ty Causey's great new album "Cause & Effect" last week, but I got to include another one this week, I highly recommend you get this album. Ty is one of the most consistent artists around. For the Beach Music lovers I have the latest release from (KCO) 'Ken Knox & Co', he's a long time member of Chairmen Of The Board with the late great General Johnson, Ken is is keeping the flag flying in style. A new track from Gina Careys' forthcoming album "Gimme The Soul" will be included and a great track from Jeffree Charles, called "We Can Roll". Loving this and the more you hear it the better it gets. Album tracking from DW3's excellent "Vintage Soul" set and a new name to David J. brings a little Southern Soul flavour.

There as been a resurgence of interest in Gil Scott-Heron since his passing, which is often the case, some artists are ahead of there time, Gil was definitely a trail blazer. There is a very interesting documentary around called "Who Is Gil Scott-Heron " I was privileged to know the man quite well! so I thought this week I would throw in a couple tracks that are special to myself, I hope you enjoy. Documentary is this weeks video at the foot of the page.

Okay as always on with music - please share the link with a friend and enjoy.

Track listings for Sunday 21-06-2015



Hour One
Eramus Hall - Just Me & You
Aaron Neville - Hercules
Maria Howell - Don't Give Up On Love
KCO - Reach Out 2 Me
Gina Carey - Gimme That Soul
Mighty Lovers Ain't Gonna Run No More
Lucas Arruda - Stop Look & Listen
Ty Causey - It's Gotta Be Love
Harold Daniels - Don't Snatch It Back
Edna Wright - Oops, .. Here I Go Again
Gil Scott - Heron - 95' South
Gil Scott - Heron - We Almost Lost Detroit
DW3 - When You Cry

Hour Two
Little Milton - Caught In The Act Of Getting It On
Conya Doss - You Really Hurt Me
Jeffree Charles - We Can Roll
David J - Work Your Body
JS - Slow Grind
Melvin Davis - Thinking Of You
The Players - I'm Glad I Waited
The Intruders - I Wanna Know Your Name
William Bell - If Sex Was All We Had
Philip Mitchell - If We Can't Be Lovers
Soulfinger ft Leela James - Value Your Love
Ann Hines - Tearjerker


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-