21.7.14

Leela James

Welcome to another week of the Science of Soul, thank you to all the new listeners who have tuned in for the first time over the last few weeks your Facebook messages and emails are greatly appreciated and I am glad you love the mix of music I try to bring.

This week I will be featuring the new album from Leela James "Fall For You," I love Leela's vocals rich and emotional she embodies what soul music is all about, and there's a great duet on there with Anthony Hamilton that I played a month or so ago so I didn't include it in my three picks for this week but I think overall it's an album that does not disappoint.

The summer concert season is in fall swing Stateside so if your planning a trip check out locally to see whats going on there are some amazing shows over the next few months.

I posted on my Facebook page this week the link to the Curtis Mayfield Story that covered his life up to the point just after his accident, Mickey did a wonderful job getting it from reel-to-reel into digital format, I know from your messages that many of you have already heard it but I thought I would give it mention so the new found listeners would not miss out.

Some 2014 music this week from Lewis "Raw" Shaw , Dionne, Somi and some recent tracks that you might have missed, just like I do, plus the classics from every era that we all love.

Enjoy the music and share the soul...Bridge FM readers click  here for Podcast.

This weeks play list for Sunday 20-07-2014


Hour One
Lynn White - I Don't Know Why
Karen Bernod - Reminiscing On Your Kissing
Joe - First Lady
Sho Nuff - Just To Love Someone Like You
Roy G Hemmings - Who's Loving You Tonight
Leela James - Give It + Set Me Free
Shelia Coley ft Nate Hall - Move With You
Eli Paperboy Reed - Pick A Number
Somi - Ginger Me
Jamal Nichols - Always Will
Dionne - Allergies
Raw Shaw - I'd Rather Go Blind
Ursula Ricks - Sweet Tenderness
The Impressions - I'm Still Waiting

Hour Two
Jean Knight - You Got The Papers
N-Tense - Lovers Touch
L V Johnson - It's Not My Time
Barbara Mason - You Can't Be...
          .... With The One You Don't Love
R Kelly - Come To Daddy
Leela James - Everything
O B Buchana - I Want Both Of You
The Spinners - He Don't Love You Like I Do
EOL [Elements Of Life] - Gift Of Love
Milestone - Good Love
William Bell - My Whole World Is Falling Down
The Four Tops - Strung Out On Your Love

Leela James Biography:
James' debut album, entitled A Change Is Gonna Come, was released on June 21, 2005. The album was conceived as a throwback to an earlier era of American soul music, building upon the legacy of 1960s and 1970s soul singers while incorporating elements of contemporary R&B, funk, and gospel. In the lyrics to the album's lead single, entitled "Music", James laments the current state of contemporary popular music. She condemns the glorification of materialism and misogyny that has often been attributed to the lyrical content of contemporary R&B and hip hop songs while pleading for the return of the artistry, dedication, and sincerity displayed by musicians of earlier decades. James co-wrote most of the tracks on her debut album, two exceptions being her covers of the pop rock band No Doubt's 1996 hit "Don't Speak" and the classic title song by Sam Cooke, for which the album is named. Notable collaborators on the album include Raphael Saadiq of the 1990s R&B group Tony! Toni! Toné!, Kanye West, and former Fugees member Wyclef Jean. More @
Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-