24.3.14

Chicago Blues Festival

Thanks to Mickey for keeping the web site up and running with new stuff while I have been away the last couple of weeks and Alex Totney and Bill Bishop for covering my shows, It was tough hanging out in Chicago but someone has to do it, Lol.

I have not had much time since I got back so not much planning for this weeks show but have no fear it will be smooth and soulful. I was sad to hear the news that one of Bloodstone's founding member, Mr Charles Love had passed, Bloodstone have been an ever consistent force in soul music for over 40 years and remain as popular on the live music circuit as ever ...as they say quality lasts Charles died in his home town of Kansas city, Missouri, USA. A mission fulfilled and a wonderful legacy of music left ...RIP Mr Charles Love.

I had a chance to hook up with my good friend Aaron Cohen whilst in Chicago, as well as knowing Chicago's best restaurants he finds time to write books ....Amazing, Lol. If you have not yet had a chance to read Aaron's excellent book "Amazing Grace" It's an in-depth look at the music and social implications of Aretha Franklin's album of the same name, It's both a refreshing and thought provoking look at music from a completely different angle. Highly recommended, I can't wait for his current work in progress, a book on the impact of soul music on Chicago to hit the streets. Amazing Grace is easily available from book stores and Amazon and various other mail order outlets.

Ok on with the music... sit back enjoy and remember to share the S-O-S link ... Bridge readers: Podcast link here.

Sundays musical menu for 23rd. March, 2014


Hour One
Latimore - Sweet Vibrations
Edwin Starr - There You Go
The Dramatics - What You See Is What You Get
E R I C - Backstage
Jimmy Sterling - I'm In Love With A Woman Every One Talks About
Mel Waiters - Got My Whisky
Bobby Rush - Big Fat Woman
Willie Clayton - Dance The Night Away
C. Robert Walker - Somethings Going on
A Taste Of Honey - Don't You Lead Me On
Sir Charles Jones - I Tried
Bloodstone - It Should Have Been Me
The O'Jays - My Favorite Person
Freddie North - Oh Lord, What Are You Doing To Me

Hour Two
Willie Clayton ft Tyrone Davis - Stop By
Bobby Rush - I Can't Find My Keys
Barrett Strong - Surrender
Latimore - Let's Straighten It Out
The Undisputed Truth - Life Ain't Easy
Theodis Ealey - If You Leave Me, I'm Going With You
Ski Johnson ft Tony Terry - Sailing
Alex Lattimore - Promise
Sir Charles Jones - On My Own Again
Sandra Feva - Leaving This Time
Dionne Warwick - On My Way
Kwick - You're Saying Goodbye Again

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-