9.9.13

Randy Darbonne

Still Lots of new music hitting the streets, I'll endeavor to feature as much as possible, but if your an artist I miss please just get in touch and I'll put that right. Any listeners who spot good album/song you can also let me know, the aim of the Science of Soul is to reach as many people as we can and share your music. Thank you to all the listeners and artists who so willingly share our links, and 'we' continue to grow month-on-month. You can get in touch with me by emailing bill.randle@thebridgeradio.net or just go to Bill Randle on Facebook, and it's as easy as that. If you would like to take part in the show and select 3 of your favorite Soul tracks, you can contact in the same way.

This week a gentleman that I have the utmost respect for is my Featured Artist; Mr Randy Darbonne, from Lake Charles. Randy spent many years living in San Francisco before moving back home to care for his elderly Mom  - Mrs Darbonne done raised a fine Son! I know the struggles Randy went through to complete this project as well possessing a great vocal range he is an accomplished song writer and draws much of his inspiration from everyday life. Pay close attention to "Got A Call," that song probably tells you more about the man than I ever could. Randy's style is smooth but with that Southern style swag. I feel this, his third solo album is his strongest yet and with opening track "Voodoo Child" is a smash waiting to happen. If you remember I played it a couple of weeks back ahead of the album "The Truth" being released. Three tracks in this weeks show and featuring others over the coming weeks .Show your support for Randy Darbonne "The Truth".

Bill & Johnny Bristol
Today's show -  I've music from the new albums by: Maysa, John Legend and C Robert Walker, two of which have already been Featured Artists over the past few weeks, so it's a usual mix of new nearly new and classic that seems to work so well. In the Gospel Spot we have the late Johnny Bristol who spent many years at Motown working as a staff writer and producer before having a string of hits himself in the 1970's and 80's, though not often associated with Gospel music, he made some beautifully crafted songs of that genre late on in his career, I interviewed Johnny back in the day and  it's one I could maybe dust off and post on the SOS site at some future point.

Music time.... and don't forget to share the shows links and give the gift of music (link the love). [Bridge listeners click 4 Podcast]

This weeks playlist Sunday 8th September

Hour One
Bloodstone - Instant Love
Maysa - Sophisticated Lover
Howard Hewett - I'm For Real
John Legend - She's Gone
Lattimore - Sweet Vibrations
Randy Darbonne  City Of Angels
Randy Darbonne I Want You
John Carey ft Gina Carey - Step Show
Ron Isley - He Wont Ever Love You Like I Do
David Oliver - Who Are You
The Rhythm All-Stars Band - I'll Work For You
Bill Wright - A Man In Love
Little Milton - Let Me Back In

Hour Two
C Robert Walker - I Can't Get Enough
Jackson 5 - All I Do Is Think Of You
Randy Darbonne - Got A Call
Mystique - All My Life
Crystal Winds - Love Ain't Easy
Tommy Tate - If You Got To Love Somebody
Johnny Bristol  - When He Comes You Will Know
Thompson Bros - You Brought Love Into My Life
Willie Clayton - Take Um' Off
Smokey Robinson - I've Made Love To You..
.. A Thousand Times
Phillip Mitchell - If We Can't Be Lovers
Randy Brown - I Thought Of You Today

Randy Darbonne's biography can be found on a previous show page, just click on his name on list in left hand column. Here is a nice video he made a while back for his song "Ain't Gonna Happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-