25.7.16

We Got A Sweet Thing Going On Vol. 2

Science of Soul time once again and this week I feature the excellent new compilation CD from Soul Junction records " We Got A Sweet Thing Going On" Vol 2. If you love the sweet soul groups, as I do, this collection is an absolute must have. It's so good I have included three tracks. This release includes beautifully put together excellent liner notes, a job very well done!, don't miss this as these are pressed-up in limited quantities.

New music this week from Stevie J., I thought I'd drop a little Blues in to the show plus tracks from the current album by; Rare Essence, Donnie Ray, Kandace Springs, Will Downing & The Jack Moves. On the classic side of things, listen out for the amazing version of "My Girl" by King Floyd.

The Science of Soul will soon be available on London based Sound Fusion Radio, I will keep you posted on dates and times, etc,. This will be in addition to; Black Country Radio's live show and Legend Radio Network, Remember Then Radio and 365Jamz in the States. Check Curtis Mayfield bonus video on this Podcast page, now from the DVD of his Ronnie Scott's show.

On with the music, sit back enjoy and please tell a friend about The Science of Soul ..

Playlist for Sunday 24-07-2016

Hour One
Wilton Crump
Millie Jackson - Something 'bout cha
Kandace Springs - Novocaine Heart
Stevie J. - Cradle Robbing
Jr. Walker & The All Stars - These Eyes
John Flucker - Keeper Of My Wings
Cecily Remy - Stay The Night
R. Kelly - Lady Sunday
Orville Shannon - Oh Lover
Kem - When I'm Loving You
Conya Doss - You Really Hurt Me
Energy MC2 - Julian
The 21st  - The Thought Of Me Losing You
Wilton Crump - Think It Over
Donnie Ray - Pop Pop That Thang



Hour Two
King Floyd - My Girl
Curtis Mayfield - Soul Music
Rare Essence - How I Wish You Could Love Me
Walter Lewis & Blue Star - Do It Baby Do It
Shirley Brown - When I Hear Your Name
Brooks O'Dell - You Can Always Get It Were You Left It
Dramatics - I Cried
Johnny Britt - I Tried
Barry White - Love Will Find Us
Will Downing - Don't Ask My Neighbors
Jack Moves - Make Love
Reuben Bell - Asking For The Truth

Featured VA Album
“We Got A Sweet Thing Going On” volume 2 carries on where volume 1 left off. Eighteen great tracks which all showcase the group harmony sound, well almost! We’ve thrown a curve ball into the mix on this occasion with the inclusion of an instrumental “Merry-Go-Round Of Love” one of three previously unissued tracks out of the four featured from the Milwaukee group the Final Chapter. As with the previous compilation a solo artist has crept in to rub shoulders with the group ensembles. Gary, Indiana’s very own Mr Wilton Crump who performs both sides of his mellifluous solitary 45 single “Think It Through” and “Give Your Love To Me” released on his own Olive Branch label. Solo artist or group if it sounds right then it feels right. More at SJ Records

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-