18.7.16

Will Downing

This weeks Science of Soul is dedicated to Mr Vaughn Harper the silky voice of WBLS radio in New York City, Vaughn was a real pioneer of the Quiet Storm style of radio, his voice was instantly recognizable, he was one of NYC's most loved DJ's and a major influence on many and one of my personal radio hero's. He Passed on Saturday July 9th he was 71 yrs old and still doing his THANG...R.I.P. my friend.

Featured Artist this week will be Will Downing, his latest set "Black Diamonds" is getting rave revues, Its not hard to see why Will's vocals are faultless and the productions are rich and full, If I have any criticism its that I wish he would record more original songs the remake format is growing a little tired for me. But hey it's just my observation and I still enjoy his interpretations of the classics.


If your in the Detroit area you need to get down to the Northern Lights lounge on W. Baltimore for the Melvin Davis soul fest on Monday August 29th, Pat Lewis, Joe Harris, Carolyn Crawford, Drew Schultz and Jay Butler...you know I gotta be there.

We got the usual mix of new, recent & old that seems to flow nicely so sit back and enjoy,,Oh by the way listen out for the Isaac Hayes epic "Thanks To The Fool" they don't make em' like that anymore.

Hour One
Ray Goodman & Brown - Another Day
New Cool Collective ft Mark Reid - Cry
Willie Hutch - Baby Come Home
Judy Thomas Taylor - Come Go With Me
Anthony Hamilton - Spend Some Time
Babyface ft After 7 - I Want You
Will Downing - Don't Let It Go To Your Head
Will Downing - Everything I Miss At Home
Felicia Adams - Baby Baby
Kimberly Dee - Wastin' Time
Chaka Khan - Angel
Aretha Franklin - If She Don't Want Your Lovin'



Hour Two
Isaac Hayes - Thanks To The Fool
Walter Jackson - We Could Fly
Isley Brothers - Don't Say Goodbye Tonight
Ceazer Fraser - Just A Little
Joe - Sexy
Joe Leavy - I Heart You
Walter & Scotty - My Love
The Dells - Let The Feelings Talk To You
Z Z Hill - That Ain't The Way To Make Love
The Manhattans - Closer To You
Heatwave - That's The Way We Always Say Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-