1.6.15

29-05-2015

Welcome to this weeks Science of Soul, I am still trekking around the United States and in Cincinnati as I write this. Had a great time at last nights live show, gotta say Blue Magic were one of the best life acts I have seen in a long time, a real high lite from a show packed with high lite's.

Seems there is always some sad news! we lost the great Southern Soul artist Mel Waiters, last week I will be doing a tribute to Mel on next weeks show (back to normal next week).  Video of Mel below.

Detroit trumpet stalwart Marcus Belgrave has left us too, but his legacy on the Detroit music scene is firmly in place and I send my condolences to the family. Belgrave settled in Detroit in 1963, after having made his reputation working with greats like Ray Charles, Max Roach and Charles Mingus. While Belgrave retained a presence on the national scene, particularly in the 1980s and 90s through his work with Wynton Marsalis and occasional recordings as a sideman, he's best known as a legendary mentor and standard bearer who embodied Detroit's profound jazz heritage. 

Thanks again to Mickey for keeping everything ticking over in my absence I would be lost without his expertise and dedication. On with the music time so sit back enjoy, and please share the link ..... 

Sunday May 31st Playlist

Hour One
Brief Encounter - Human
High Fashion - Just A Little More
The Commodores - Heaven Knows
Blue Magic - Look Me Up
Avant - You & I
Aaron Neville - Been So Wrong
Wendell B - Steppin Out Tonight
Lady Soul - Lady Soul Slide
The Soulutions - Philly Line
Dee Robinson - I Like It
Robert H Fowler - Whats The Name Of Your Love
Jackie Ross - Selfish One
Lynne Fiddmont - Feels So Right
Con Funk Shun - I Miss You

Hour Two
The Softones - I'm Gonna Prove It
Sheba Potts-Wright - Tell Your Wife+Your Woman 2
Sam Dees - I Love You
The Temptations - Special
The Manhattans - Wish That You Were Mine
Curtis Mayfield - So You Don't Love Me
The Dramatics - What You See Is What You Get
Four Tops - Nature Planned It
Force MDs - Here I Go Again
George Benson - Midnight Love Affair
Harold Melvin + Bluenotes - Wake Up Everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-