24.10.16

Eric Benét

Big Sonny
Thanks for stopping by this weeks Science of Soul, yet more sad news! yes I'm afraid one of the founding members of the legendary Philadelphia group The Intruders, has passed Robert "Big Sonny" Edwards died from a heart attack in his home town last week. From the original group line-up only Phil Terry still survives, I send my condolences to Big Sonny's family.

Stan Moseley
Music wise this week I will be featuring Eric Benét's new album, I am a big fan of Eric's and look-out Stateside because he's doing dates with Anthony Hamilton and Lalah Hathaway ..  gonna be hell of a show! As I mentioned last week my Chi-Town soul brother, namely Stan Mosley, had taken a trip to the 'City of brotherly love' to do some recording with Bobby Eli, a man who was a major part of TSOP [The Sound Of Philadelphia] back in the day. well I've got the first results of that session and you can hear it here today. I will also be album tracking with Kindred The Family Soul and one of my favorite Southern soulstresses, that being Adrena, with a real classic from her "Better Days" album.

With my regular mix of Old Skool jams I hope there's a little something for everyone to enjoy today, so hit the play button, sit back and enjoy ...

Playlist for 23-10-2016

Hour one
Eric Gable - I Can Make You Feel Good
The Four Tops - Strung Out For Your Love
Barry Black - We've Got Love
Kindred The Family Soul - Welcome To My World
Debra Laws - Meant For You
Latasha Lee & The Black Ties - I Regret It
Adrena - You Know About Jodie (What About Joanne)
Stan Mosley - My Problem
Lady Wray - Do It Again
Marcus Hampton - Feels Good
Gene Chandler - Here Comes The Tears Again
Eric Benét - Broke Beat & Busted
Eric Benét - Sunshine


Lady Wray
Hour Two
David Simmons - The World Belongs To Me
Michon Young - Something About Me
Eric Benét - Fun & Games 
The Spinners - I Found Love
Walter Jackson - We Could Fly
Main Ingredient - You've Been My Inspiration
Leroy Hutson - Love Oh Love
The Natural Four - Heaven Right Here On Earth
Ann Nesby - I Apologize
Randy Jackson - How Can I Be Sure
Young & Company - Got To Be Free


Eric Benét's biography:
Benét was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and is the youngest of five siblings. Benét sang with a Top 100-style group called Gerard in the late 1980s. Benét, his sister Lisa, and his cousin George Nash Jr. formed a band called Benét and released a self-titled album in 1992, and it went on to sell over 100,000 copies. Two years later, Eric Benét broke onto the music scene with his solo career and signed with Warner Bros. Records, releasing his debut solo album, True to Myself in 1996. His second album, A Day in the Life, was released in 1999 and featured his smash hit "Spend My Life With You (featuring Tamia)". The song rose to #1 on the US Billboard R&B charts (for 3 weeks), was certified gold, and nominated for a 2000 Grammy Award for "Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group". The album also won a Soul Train Music Award for "Best R&B/Soul Album, Male". More at Wiki

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-