27.10.14

Taylor Pace

Welcome to this weeks edition of the Science of Soul. Those guys at Soul Junction records have done it again another great double header this time by Southern soul man Preston Shannon. They have secured the rights to two great tracks from the Memphis based artist, both sides are worthy of your attention and are included in this weeks show. The oddly named Texas funk/blues band Mingo Fishtrap have just released there latest set "On Time" I have to admit they were new to me but they have an extensive back catalog I must dig a little deeper into these guys. My thanks to Mickey for bringing them to my attention.

Featured album on this week's show is the debut one from Taylor Pace, "Return Of The Phoenix," a pretty good debut I must say, Taylor as been around awhile having toured extensively with American Idol finalist George Huff. I also have new music from The Secret B Sides, the North Carolina based band who just released there new album, "Welcome To Soul City," the track I have chosen "Give Me Your Heart" makes it worth picking up the album for that one track alone, but it's overall a very good set, something for everyone as they say. I have already featured Lewis "Raw" Shaw and Calvin Richardson but I thought I would take the liberty to refresh your memory.
There's no shortage of the Old Skool classics that we love and grew up with, so sit back and enjoy, I always say please remember to share the Science of Soul link, because it's a free gift and the more people we reach the more we teach .....

This weeks playlist for Sunday 26-10-2014


Hour One
G C Cameron - Live For Life
Preston Shannon - The Way I Love You
Mingo Fishtrap - Where Did You Come From
Secret B Sides - Give Me Your Heart
Linda Clifford - Can't Let This Good Thing Get Away
Carmen Hendricks - Timing
Taylor Pace - New Day
Taylor Pace - For You
The Gaturs - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
Willie Tee - Man That I am
Carl Hall - What About You
Preston Shannon - Be With Me Tonight
Philly Devotions - We're Gonna Make It
Eli 'Paperboy' Reed - Pick A Number

Hour Two
Side Effect - Close To Me [Augie Johnson RIP]
Tavares - If That's The Way You Want It
Taylor Pace - Yeah Yeah
Tyrese - Sweet Lady
Reggie B ft Joc Max - Go'head and Get It
The Notations - Baby I Like Your Smile
The Main Ingredient - I'm Better Off Without You
Calvin Richardson - More Than A Picture
Horace Brown & Tyme - Taste Your Love
The Soul Children - Love Makes It Right
Raw Shaw - I'd Rather Go Blind
Heatwave - Sho' Nuff Must Be Love

Taylor Pace's Biography:
Return Of The Phoenix is about a lot of things. It's a work dedicated to the return of passion - passionate music, passionate art, passionate living. The Phoenix is that thing that makes up our core. Sometimes we stray from it for trying to do what's fashionable or status quo but we find ourselves always coming back to what's really in our core to be. The Phoenix can't help but come out in the we behave, think, and live because it is the truest expression of who we are.
The Phoenix is that indestructible force that is the human spirit. It's the thing that has the ability to rise up again and again even when faced with impossible odds and defeat after defeat. The Phoenix cannot be stopped. Return Of The Phoenix is a tribute to the best in each and every person out there. It's a salute to the power of love, the game of life, and the pursuit of happiness. (cdbaby)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-