1.7.13

Maysa (Leak)

Her new album featured today
 Welcome back for another edition of the Science Of Soul, thanks for the great feed back re: the new time slot, though it did feel strange to me lol...it was still light outside when I went on air!

On this weeks show I will feature the new album from Maysa "Blue Velvet Soul," I love this album from start to Finnish, quality songs and production coupled with Maysa's wonderful vocals make this set a must have in any serious soul lovers collection. I don't know if it's me but I had real trouble identifying one female soul artist from another for a few years 'cause everyone sounded the same; but the cream is rising to the top and the lady's are delivering some great product right now...they got my attention.

Brand new Alonzo Reid songs
A lot of new music hitting the street's right now and my old friend Alonzo Reid from Montgomery, Alabama has new tracks out, I'll include them over the next couple of weeks. In this weeks show I have included "Your Love Is So Good," a classic slice of Southern soul from the one-time drummer (Alonzo) with the late great Marvin Sease. Earth Wind & Fire have a new CD due for a September release, I think it's fair to say EWF created a style all of there own and there influence is still evident in the music of today. It's always an event when the guys issue new material and although it's not a ground a breaking 'new sound,' it's still EWF just as we know and love them -  long may it continue.

Just found out Charles Bradley is UK bound later in the year, I know there is one date already confirmed here in Birmingham  (Hare & Hounds, Kings Heath in October,) you might remember I featured his latest album a few months back, If you missed it, remember you can revisit older shows via this site: there's a list on the side of the page, just click the link that your interested in and it will open up the page.  (Note: Music self deletes if no plays inside 30 days)


Bobby 'Blue' Bland - RIP
We are now getting a lot of hits on www.thescienceofsoul.com site and we continue to grow  week-on-week, so any potential advertisers or sponsors please get in touch, you can reach us via Facebook or at bill.randle@thebridgeradio.net and please remember if you like the Site please share with friends and hit the 'Like' buttons, the more people we reach - the more we teach - about the Science of Soul.

Sad to report we have lost another legend, Bobby 'Blue' Bland, I have to confess I'm not a big Blues fan but Bobby crossed over very comfortably from Blues to Soul and just to highlight that fact I have included a couple of his ABC - Dunhill recordings from the 1970's. He will be sadly missed but his place in music history is secure: RIP Mr. Bobby "Blue" Bland.

Mary Love & Mickey (2003)
Our Gospel Spot is back this week and it could only be Mary Love Comer. I'm sure you are aware we also lost Mary just over a week ago, I saw Mary live many years ago and she was a charismatic performer the like of which don't come along to often. We will remember Mary Love Comer.
On with Show ... just a little teaser I got a great feature album for next week, I've been playing it to death (lol,).... but for now enjoy the soul feast on offer!


Playlist for Sunday 30th June 2013



Hour One
New LP out Sept. 10th.
Spendour - Special Lady
Earth, Wind & Fire - My Promise
Randy Jackson - How Can I Be Sure
Ali Ollie Woodson - Believe That
Danny Johnson - Taking My Love For Granted
Maysa - Pouring Rain
Maysa - Sophisticated Lover
Alonzo Reid - Your Love Is So Good
Carl Simms - Tell Me Were You've Been
+Bobby Bland - Sitting On A Poor Mans Throne
+Bobby Bland - Ain't Gonna Be The First To Cry

Hour Two
The Manhattans - We'll Have Forever To Love
Jackie Moore - Joe
1978 Chi-Sound Album
+Mary Love - Come Out Of The Sand Box
Maysa - Morning Sunrise
Marlena Shaw - Suddenly It's How I Like To Feel
Walter Jackson - We Could Fly
Windy City - I Still Love You
Curtis Mayfield - Give Me Your Love
Enchantment - Silly Love Song
Fact's Of Life - Did He Make Love To You
Heatwave - Look After Love
Billy Paul - This Is Your Life

[+ left us this month aged 83,69]

Masa's Biography:
BORN: August 17th, 1966, Baltimore, Maryland
RAISED: Baltimore, Maryland

Maysa Leak was raised in a warm family setting. Her family has always supported her love for music from the age of three years old. Maysa decided that she was going to be a singer at the age of six, when her mother took her to see Purlie at the Morris Mechanic Theater. Although most of Maysa's early high school days were taken up with choir and musical theater, and listening to pop music, a major turning point in the direction she wanted to take her voice was when her uncle introduced her to Al Jarreau and Billie Holiday.

More at her web site: http://www.maysa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-