4.3.19

Katrinia Jefferson (RIP)

Katrinia RIP
Sadly I have start this weeks Science of Soul with more bad news, southern soul lady Katrenia Jefferson sadly passed away on February 20th, and was laid to rest in Jackson, Mississippi, on March 2nd. Katrenia was a real deal soul lady and very highly respected by her fans and fellow artists alike. I have wonderful memories of long telephone conversations with Kat, and I must thank my soul sister Shai Simone for introducing us. If your not to familiar with her work be sure to check her out. I have included two of my favorite tracks today, be truly be missed on the Southern Soul Scene.
On a happier note, some great new music on this weeks show from Stan Mosley from his "Soul Resurrection " album, as it is now officially available and I have other new music from Lasperanza featuring Izzy Chase, Rennie Williams, Teddy B and Montrell featuring Andre' Lee. For the old school folks I have some real gems that will take you back in time, including Bobby Hutton, Sandra Feva, The Dramatics and Unified Tribe so sit back relax and enjoy ....


Playlist for Sunday 03-03-2019
Stan Mosely
Hour One
Opus 7 - Dancin' To A Love Song
James Greene - Are You Ready For Love
The New Creation - The Fish
Bobby Hutton - 20 Years Later
Montrell ft Andre' Lee - Lets Go Dancing
The O'Jays - What's Stopping You
Toni Green - Don't Do Me
Stan Mosley - Get It And Hit It
Marion Jarvis - Hell Of A Fix
Sandra Feva - Tell Him I Heard It
Donald Jenkins - A New World Beautiful
Lasperanza/Izzy Chase - It Should Have Been You



Hour Two
Down To Earth - Gimme' Tonight
Ronnie Williams - I Own It
Jamm - One & Only
Unified Tribe - Heartbeat
Teddy B - I'm Sorry
Elaine Stepter - Dim The Lights
Katrenia Jefferson - All The Good Men
Katrenia Jefferson - What If
Teena Marie & Ronnie McNeir - We Gotta Stop Meeting Like This
Lamont Fleming - Don't Make Me Promise
Leroy Hutson - Lonely Without You
The Dramatics - Best Thing In My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-