19.11.18

Kiko Pryor


On this weeks Science of Soul I will be featuring the new album from Spearsville, Louisiana native Kiko Pryor entitled"Me & My Thoughts," it's a debut album and comes highly recommended. Kiko is a popular 'live music' attraction on the Southern soul circuit and I think this album will take him to another level, it's available now at cdBaby and all the usual outlets be sure to check it out. Another new name to the Science of Soul this week is Anthony McClary the Philly soulman has delivered a song that is both thought provoking and poignant in these troubled times.

From the sunshine State of Florida I have the Special Formula Band, and representing Georgia I also have Ms Pat Cooley. Tara Keith & Mose Stovall have teamed and delivered a classic slice of Southern Soul called"These Papers," and as a little bonus you can view the video for this release at the bottom of this weeks blog. Rounding out the new releases for this I have H-Town's own Mr Leroy Allen and from Oakland, California, Auteria W. Winzer. For the Old Skool folks there's Tyrone Davis, Lonnie Hewitt, L A Connection and few other gems you might just have forgotten. 

Detroit author Don Darget as just published a book about the great work that Motown legend Kim Weston did in Detroit, it's an absolute must for any Detroit soul music fan, and is available right now on Amazon (It will make someone a great Christmas gift) it is titled "Kim Weston Festival Of The Performing Arts" I highly recommend it. 

Ok it's music time sit back pour a glass of wine and enjoy ...

Sundays Playlist for 18-11-2018
Hour One
Allspice - Slipped Away
Leroy Allen - I'm Gonna Love You
Special Formula Band ft Holly - 2 Ride Au Die
The Manhattans ft Gerald Alston - Get it Ready
Richard "Popcorn" Wylie - E S P
Kiko Pryor - Move Your Body
Kiko Pryor ft Tha Don - I'm Sorry Baby
Tyrone Thomas - We're Still In Love
Pat Cooley - I Need A Fix It Man
K Avett - Time Wont Wait
Carl Thomas - I Wish
Anthony McClary - Peace In The Streets



Hour Two
Tara Keith & Mose Stovall - These Papers
Opus 7 - I Love You
Keisa Brown - Ain't No Life After Love
Auteria W. Winzer ft Pam O'Neal - Be As One
Calvin Richardson - Looks Like You Been Crying
Mantra - Promise Me
Big L - If I Knew Then
Asante - Look What You've Done
Lonnie Hewitt - I Gotta Keep My Bluff In
L A Connection - I'll Find A Way
The Persuaders - Stay With Me
Tyrone Davis - I Cant Wait

Kiko Pryor biography:-
Kiko Pryor was born on October 24, 1979 in Farmerville, Louisiana to Alton Pryor and Mary Alice Wright-Pryor, and raised in Spearsville, Louisiana. The child of a musical family, Pryor’s love for music started early. Raised in the church, he was able to hone his musical talents playing the piano and singing in the choir. Remnants of that gospel background remain apparent in his music today.
Pryor seeks to revive the old school of R&B and push it into a new direction. In his music, the sound of artists like R. Kelly, Ron Isley, and Aaron Hall meet the deep rhythm of southern gospel. By his own description, “family, love…how much you care about people—that really forms the core of my music”. His song lyrics serve as reflections on practical, everyday experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-