15.8.16

14-08-2016

Welcome to this latest edition of the Science of Soul, and I start with sad news, in that  music industry lost a real unsung master with Mr Leo Graham, who quietly went about his business of song writing in is home in Chicago. His influence on the careers of Tyrone Davis was major he also penned some of the Manhattans most loved songs. Leo was loved and respected by all who knew him .... he will be not just missed, but also remembered. It's only right and fitting I dedicate a portion of this weeks show to his memory.

By the time you read this I'll be heading for the States, but the Science of Soul will continue as normal, at least on the regular Sunday night spot on BCR radio, found on line at:- www.blackcountryradio.co.uk at 8 pm GMT. In a pretty mixed show this week, new music from; Marcus Hampton, Angie Stone & Estee Pierce, whose album got featured a few weeks back, add a dash of recent album tracks from folks like; Steven Russell Harts & Jarrod Lawson, stir in some classic old school for flavor and the mix is complete.

My thanks to my soul brother Stan Mosley who kindly allowed me to use a picture of his dear Mom and himself from back in the day, inside this weeks shows adverts (my FB page), it's a true time capsule.

OK it's music time sit back enjoy and spread the word ....

Playlist for Sunday 14-08-2016

Hour One
Estee Pierce - Grown Folks Dancin'
The Mist - Girl In The Window
Angie Stone - These Eyes
Cathy Rollins - Gotta Lift Up My Hands
Ronnie Henson - Like The First Time
Homemade Soul - Heartbreak Hotel
G Q. - Don't Stop The Feeling
Marcus Hampton - Feel Good
Barbara Carr - If I Don't Holler
Steven Russell Harts - Do Wrong Tonight
Celeste Hardie - Your Gone
Jerry Williams - Shipwrecked
Soul Generation - Sailing



Hour Two
Jarrod Lawson - All That Surrounds
Atlantic Starr - All In The Name Of Love
Marcus Hampton - Praise Him
Sylvia - Sweet Stuff
Ray, Goodman & Brown - How Can Love ..
Freddie Lowe - I'm Slowly Losing My Mind
Donny Mann - Treat Me Like A Stranger
The Manhattans - Girl Of My Dreams
The Manhattans - Just A Moment Away
Tyrone Davis - Heart-failure
Tyrone Davis - Lets Be Closer Together
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-