24.8.15

23-08-2015

Charles Davis
First off, let me say thanks to everyone for there kind words about last weeks unplanned Old School Special, I'm glad you enjoyed it, lol. This week I have a lot of the new music I'd planned for last week including; Tony Tatum and Ves, (who are completely new names to me), plus the latest releases from Jae B, Jeffree Charles and a man who is somewhat a quiet legend having sung with Damon Harris The Miracles and countless other Detroit acts, that's Mr Tee Turner.  Tee is stepping out front with his new single "Friends" that's a very nice mid tempo groove quality vocals just everything you would expect from a man of his experience. I do think you'll enjoy it as much as I have. New music from the legendary Bobby Taylor ..... yes I did say BOBBY TAYLOR, Bobby has cut a version of The Temptation's classic "Soul to Soul" and it was recorded - in of all places - China! .... Its a Science of Soul firs,t a Chinese Soul record, lol ... only Bobby Taylor could do this, he is truly one the most amazing men I have ever met, sooooooo many memories.

Tee Turner
My Brother from another Mother, Charles Davis, has to endure hip replacement surgery this coming week, after spending over 30 years with The Contours. Charles decided to concentrate on his solo work and performing with The Shades of Blue all over the States. I am sure this will only slow him down for a minute. Charles and his lovely wife Rose are family to me, and we go back longer than either of us care to remember, so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers this coming week.

Music time .... enjoy!


Sunday Playlist; 23-08-2015

Hour One
Jae B.
Stan Mosley - Kiss & Tell
Jae B The Soulman - Mr Do Right
Willie Hutch - Just Another Day
Ves - Sunshine
Tee Turner - Friends
Maxwell - Till The Cops Come Knocking
Norman Connors ft. Prince Phillip Mitchell - Once I Have Been There
Jeffree Charles - We Can Roll
The Floaters - I Am So Glad I Took My Time
Joe Leavy & Derek Allen - Standing In Shadows
K C & The Sunshine Band - I Get Lifted
G Era - Loving You


Bobby Taylor

Hour Two
Leon Ware - In Our Garden
Sheba Potts Wright - I Can Give It Like A Woman
Uvee Hayes - In My Eyes
Tony Tatum - I Need A Woman
Bobby Taylor - Soul To Soul
The Ebonys - Mr Me & Mrs You
Theo Peoples - Life's To Short
The Manhattans - Goodbye Is The Saddest Word
Joe Simon - Are We Breaking Up
Heatwave - Where Did I Go Wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-