27.4.15

Jay Nemor

George & His Gang @ O2 Arena Birmingham
It's Science of Soul time once again, and back to normal after last weeks pre-recorded show. I've got to say George Clinton, Parliament and Funkadelic were amazing, so for all the scopes please visit Mickey's site at: 2-Step Vinyl Soul for photos & review. In honor of their visit I thought it only right to include a couple of P-Funk tracks.. It was a hard choice.

I welcome another new sponsor to the Science of Soul this week; Sir Richard Davis, please check him out at www.sirsuits.com for a great range of menswear and something for the ladies.
The Featured album this week is Jay Nemor's excellent set ;"Just Sayin' Ole Folks Music," It came out last year and I have no idea how I missed it then, but I am putting that right this week. The Houston, Texas, basketball player, who now makes his home in Oslo, has a very jazzy vibe, in a Gil Scott-Heron kind-of-way, I think you will enjoy this set as much as I do.

Great to see Con-funk-shun are back recording, I have a track from their forthcoming album, also listen out for Tanya Holt's stunning single "I Am Not Broken" ... very powerful. Also have a couple of tracks from the excellent compilation album "Soul On The Real Side - Vol. 3"
Ooh, before I forget, this week I have a great documentary made in 2005 about George Clinton and his multi groups, found at the foot of this page.

Okay on with the music please share the link with a friend sit back and enjoy.

Play List Sunday 26th April 2015

Hour One
Gloria Gaynor - You Can Exit
Parliament - Mothership Connection
Funkadelic - One Nation Under A Groove
Will Downing - Run Away And Fall In Love
Cooking On 3 Burners feat:
                           Kylie Auldist  - This Girl
Jay Nemor - I Am A Rock/Smiling Faces
Con-Funk-Shun - I Miss You
Luther "Squeak" Jackson - Ready
Sulene Fleming & Fantastics - Somewere Finally
Luther Ingram - To The Other Man
The Temptations - Sail Away


Hour Two
Jesse James - Are You Gonna Leave Me
L.V. - The Art Of Making Love
New York City- Got To Get You Back In My Life
The Commodores - Funky Feelings
The O'Jays - Why Would You Settle For Less
Jay Nemor - Sunday Morning
Tanya Holt - I Am Not Broken
Charlie Wilson - My Love Is All I Have
Maverick Gaither - For the love of my life
Luther Vandross - Think About You
The Dramatics - Toast To The Fool

Jay Nemor's biography:
Singer, songwriter, producer and instrumentalist Jay Nemor (Jason Nemor Harden) began his musical journey at the age of nine on the electric bass in his hometown of Houston, Texas. His bass being stolen after only a short while, by age 11 he turned his attention the alto saxophone and played until the age of 14 in various stage and concert bands as well as solo performances. Once again misfortune struck as his horn was unfortunately stolen during his freshman year in high school triggering the burial of his passion for the saxophone and music.  More @ jaynemore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-