5.5.14

Soulfinger

Welcome to the latest edition of the Science of Soul, on this weeks show I will be featuring a couple of tracks from the new album by Soulfinger, It seems there is a trend at the moment to re record older tunes, tho I'm not a great fan of this trend I much prefer new music as opposed to just recording what in most cases is pretty hard to better.

In its defense what it does do on occasions is bring the original artist back to prominence and of course the original writers get an unexpected pay day, now having said that it as to be done well and in the case of Soulfinger they have some real emerging soul talent on vocals so its worth a listen, are they as good as the original versions its hard for me to make an unbiased comment ...but many will be hearing them for the first time and they just might think, hmmmm there might be something in this old soul music that I like and investigate further. Lets hope that's the case.

I was going through tracks to include in the show the other day and came across a couple of William Bell classics I had all but forgotten, I was thinking, okey! which track shall I include this week, then I thought Shit...it's my show, lol I'll play both, my thanks to Dave Allen for sending me a nice copy of " If Sex Was All We Had " mine was in pretty poor shape, lol.
I have also included the new single from Kase Sounds though I did play it a few weeks back, I thought I just give you a gentle reminder of how great some contemporary gospel music is. I hope you got a chance to check out the Science of Soul special podcast only edition, that Mickey posted last week as well as to the regular show, the interview with Rufus Thomas is a real glimpse into a real soul legend who's career spanned over 70 yrs and what an amazing man he was ...don't miss that one.

That's it music time, and time to remember; to share the link, the more we reach the more we teach..


Playlist for Sunday 4th May 2014

Hour One
James Brown - The Payback
Marlan Soulflow - You're So Fine
Kase Sounds - Cover Me
William Bell - The Man In The Street
Omar Cunningham - Sweet Sweet Sweet
Soulfinger ft Antonique Smith - Seeing You Again
Soulfinger ft Leela James - Value Your Love
Charles Wilson - Trying To Make A Wrong Thing Right
Natasha Watts - Go Slow
The Mighty Majors - You Can Never Go Back
TK Soul - What Does It Take
Renaldo Domino - I'm A Good Man
The Modulations - You're Love As Me Locked Up

Hour Two
Ron Parks - Brand New Word
Men At Large - First Day
The Dells - I Wish It Was Me You Loved
Margi Coleman - I Miss You
Episode - Heaven Wont Have It
Bobby Womack - If You Think Your Lonely Now
Richard Cainton - I'm Gonna Love You More
William Bell - If Sex Was All We Had
Gods Gift To Women - Stop To Think It Over
Doc Powell ft Ali Ollie Woodson - Tell Her Love As Found The Need



Soulfinger's Biography: 

Soulfinger is the music production team behind “Life, Love & Passion” A heartfelt artistic statement paying tribute to the great songwriters of the classic “Motown” era. The idea was to highlight and re-record B-sides of lesser known soul music gems from the late 60ties up to mid of 70ties, inviting a variety of amazing artists to perform on one song each: Leela James • Teedra Moses • Jaguar Wright • Kathy Sledge Syleena Johnson • Anthony David Truth Hurts Martin Luther • Joi • Stephanie McKay • Antonique Smith • Angela Johnson • Sara Devine • Milla Brune • Mizzy We want to put this labor-of-love out into the world in a very different manner than how it’s usually done. We have come up with (we hope) absolutely extraordinary luxury packaging for this super-limited, hand-numbered collector’s item. This will not be released in digital form, no iTunes, no Amazon, no Spotify.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-