18.1.16

Nicholas & Otis Remembered

Thanks for stopping by this weeks Science of Soul. It seems so far 2016 is bringing nothing but bad news, we have lost two legends in as many weeks, as I mentioned last week one of the founding members and a real driving force behind The Whispers was Mr Nicholas Caldwell has passed and now Blues & Soul icon Otis Clay, Otis was one of the last greats of his genre appealing to both Soul and Blues folk, so this week I have two tributes sections on the show. Please forgive my indulgence but both of these gentlemen were way to important just mention in passing. Though not a Science of Soul artist, I would just like to express my sadness on the loss of David Bowie ... he was a man who truly LIVED his life [He had spoke/argued live on TV about lack of daytime Black music programming on MTV in 1984 and the Station sadly followed by programming 'dis- rap' - Ed.] My condolences to his family and friends.

On a happier note I have some great new music for you in the form of Sarah Lesol  and I must thank my good friend Glen Travillion for bringing this lady to my attention. Look out for Atlanta based Tony Tatum and London's own Kejam ft Terry Harris just two stars on the rise for sure. Soul stalwart Keith Sweat is back with a bang we have a track from his forthcoming album and "Good Love" is anything to go by I can't wait. Video this week is a couple enjoying a 2010 Kem song while driving together.

Music please .....  remember to 'share if you dare' with a friend and as always, I thank you for your continued support.

Playlist for 17-01-2015

Hour One
Stan Mosley - Kiss & Tell
Willie Hutch - Never Let You Be Without Love
Kejam ft. Terry Harris - Start All over
Sarah Lesol - I Like It Like That
Tony Tatum - I Need A Woman
Jeanette Baby Washington - Can't Get Over Losing You
John Gary Williams - I Believe That The Whole ..
       .. Damn World Is Going Crazy
Jeannie Reynolds - I Don't Wanna Be Second Best
Otis Clay - Only Way Is Up
Otis Clay - All I Wanna Do
Otis Clay - Leave Me & My Woman Alone
Otis Clay & Uvee Hayes - Play Something Pretty For Me
Otis Clay - Trying To Live My Life Without You


Hour Two

J Blackfoot - I've Been Having An Affair
Keith Sweat - Good Love
Big Ben Hillman - Lonely With You
Leela James - Tell Me That You Love Me
Terisa Griffin - Save Me
Erica Reed - I'll Make It Alright
The Spinners - No One Like You
The Whispers - Give It To Me
The Whispers - Do They Turn You On
The Whispers - Say Yes
The Whispers - Are You Going My Way
The Whispers - Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-