23.6.14

Lee Fields

Welcome to this weeks Science of Soul, lots of new music this week as I feature the latest album from Soul legend Lee Fields's "Emma Jean", Lee as been around forever a true soul survivor and he seems to have ignored all the trends that come-and-go and just continued to make real soul music in the only way he knows how, emotion and drive! and long may he continue to do so.

Other new releases in todays show are a  couple of new names to me Maryanne Ito, the Honolulu based rising star, her album "Waking Up" is pretty special, and another new name to me is Lamont Bagfeel who I know very little about this guy but included in this weeks show a track called "Just Wanna Be With You" from his latest project "Identity". I'm always excited to hear anything new from Mr Howard Hewett, he as teamed up with another legend Jim Gilstrap to guest on Craig T. Cooper's new album "Purpose" .... It does not disappoint.

New gospel music the week from Mel Holder ft Gerald Alston I don't think this the finished mix but I couldn't wait to share it with you. Brooklyn born Karen Bernod makes her Science of Soul debut ahead of her new album that's due pretty soon I gotta tell you this lady is pretty special expect big things with the right push Karen is surely a star on the rise.And you old school lovers don't worry there's no shortage of the classics well known and obscure that you love. Sit back enjoy and share the Science of Soul with a friend...

Playlist for Sunday 22-06-14



New Bagfeel CD
Bobby Byrd - I Need Help
Sir Charles Jones - Glow
Maryanne Ito - How I Feel
Lamont Bagfeel - Just Wanna Be With You
Donnell Jones - Love Is Hard To Find
Navasha Daya - Iwapele
Karen Bernod - Soul Pioneer
Lee Fields - Talk To Somebody/Stone Angel
Craig T Cooper ft Howard Hewett/Jim Gilstrap Marry Me
The Nomads - Have I Got A Right
Bunny Sigler - How Bad Do You Want My Love
Avery Sunshine - Sweet Afternoon

Hour Two
Wendell B - When It Don't Make Sense
Euro single
Milestone - Candlelight
Eddie Kendrick - Intimate Friends
The Temptations - Just My Imagination
Dr York - I Hurt
Lee Fields - Magnolia
Water Power - Mr Weatherman
Fathers Children - Key To My Heart
Mel Holder ft Gerald Alston - Back To Basics
Sho Nuff - What Am I Gonna Do
Switch - I Wanna Be Closer To You

Lee Fields' Biography:
Lee was born and raised in a small town in Wilson, North Carolina, one of 4 children. He spent his adolescence years singing in church and listening to Rhythm & Blues Artists such as James Brown, The Temptations, Eddie Floyd, Otis Redding, and a host of the Memphis Sounds. He joined a few racial balance groups in the South and began playing college circuits that included East Carolina University, Duke University and Georgia Tech. By the late 60’s, Lee began his singing career, working with bands that would lay the foundation for funk music including Kool & the Gang, Sammy Gordon and the Hip-Huggers, and Little Royal. Lee Fields has captivated audiences worldwide with his powerful, distinctive, raw, gritty and soulful voice. He has crossed over to 4 genres of music including Dance, Retro Soul, R&B and Blues, and continues to reach the young and mature all in between. More @ cdbaby

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-