31.3.14

Betty Wright

Thank you for stopping by the Science of Soul web site, I hope all our UK mums had a lovely Mothers Day today! This this weeks show I'll be featuring the new album the mother of 5, Betty Wright, less Patrick who he she lost in a shooting incident in 2005, but new product from this lady is always an exciting event and this set really lives up to expectations "Living Love Lies" I had the hardest time picking 3 tracks to play on this weeks show but I have to tell you I have no real favorites on this album I just love the whole set and the more I hear it the better it gets...rest assured I'll be featuring more over the coming weeks.

Loretta
A new name to me was a young lady from France I believe, Loretta, her latest set is pretty impressive I have included a duet from the album "Give It Up" with another France based soul-man Leon, thanks to Mickey for bringing this to my attention [her video is at foot of page]. If you haven't picked the latest Soul Junction compilation album " Extra Rich In Soul " I urge you to do so. I have had it in rotation in my car for the last few weeks, It's another that just gets better the more you play it. Happy Birthday to the queen of soul Aretha
Aretha & Chaka
Franklin
who turned 72 this last week, scary how time flies, lol.  If you got £250 plus booking fee lying around, Chaka Khan is appearing at Ronnie Scott's in London.....and yes I did say £250, now don't get me wrong I love Chaka as much as the next man but shitttttttttt...£250...other new music on this weeks show comes from Mr X , Walter Christoper and Kenny Edwards along with the usual mix of old skool soul. Okey...on with the music enjoy and please share the S-O-S link with friends
...music is a wonderful gift to give and it don't cost a penny..click 4 podcast

This Sunday's Playlist, 30th. March 2014

Hour One
Andre' Lee - Gonna Go Steppin'
The Emotions - I Could Never Be Happy
2014 album
Kenny Edwards - Something About You
Natural Impulse - Thank You Baby
Mary Mundy - You Put A Hurting On Me
Dan Greer - It Hurts So Much To Lose At Love
Ronnie McNeir - Letter From A Fool
Charles Wilson - What One Man Wont Do Another Will
Walter Christopher - You're Beautiful
Betty Wright - The Train
Betty Wright - If They Knew Better They Would Do Better
Lee Williams /Cymbals - It's Every Thing About You
Mr. X - I Gotta Walk

Hour Two
Loretta feat. Leon - Give It Up
Darrow Fletcher - The Rising Cost Of Love
her 2008 album
Will Downing ft Avery Sunshine -
                 You Were Meant Just For Me
General Crook - In The Warmth Of My Arms
Betty Wright - Dry Well (for Patrick)
Giovanca - Pure Bliss
Syl Johnson - Could I Be Falling In Love
21st. Century - Remember The Rain
Kwick - Let This Moment Be Forever
Willie Clayton - If Your Love Wasn't
                                 Good Enough To Keep Me
Aretha Franklin - You Can't Take Me For Granted
Randy Jackson - How Can I Be Sure

Betty Wright's Biography:

Born 21 December 1953, Miami, Florida, USA. A former member of her family gospel group, the Echoes Of Joy, Wright's first recordings were as a backing singer. She later embarked on a solo career and scored a minor hit with "Girls Can't Do What The Guys Do" in 1968. "Clean Up Woman" (1972), a US R&B number 2/pop number 6 hit, established a punchier, less passive style which later releases, "Baby Sitter" (1972) and "Let Me Be Your Lovemaker" (1973), consolidated. Although "Shoorah Shoorah" and "Where Is The Love?" reached the UK Top 30 in 1975, the singer was unable to sustain a wider success. Wright nonetheless continued recording into the 90s and also forged a career as a US television talk show hostess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-