17.9.13

T.G.T.



Melvin Jordan II
Welcome to the latest edition of the Science of Soul and thank you to all people who take time out to get in touch, its always good to hear from you and the folks who share the SOS links week in and week out, please know you are all a vital part of program and I truly thank you. I must say an over due thank you to Melvin Jordan II for scheduling the Show on on his excellent Legend107radio.com in Florida, these are the things that help us grow and reach new audience and as I always say please don't hesitate to contact me with song choices and information that you would like to share.

Mickey's 2-Step Vinyl Blog
I've been getting a lot of en quires about interviews that I've done in the past! I am genuinely shocked at how many people know about them. We try to filter them on to the site were possible, but its quite time consuming converting the old reel-to-reel tapes to digital and that work falls on Mickey's shoulders. He as done a wonderful job so far, and yes it would be a great idea to put them on a dedicated interview page with it's own links, so that's a maybe future project. I do like to preserve Soul history, that's one aim of my blog. Please also check out Mickey's own Blog sites, I know you will find a wealth of stuff on their to feed your craving for all things soulful.

Listener: Annette
This weeks Listeners Choice* comes from Annette Williams, a relatively new convert to Soul music, she's based here in Birmingham, England. Annette works at the City's university. Her taste in music is quite diverse and her knowledge of soul music has grown considerably over the last few years, Annette lists amongst her favorite artists, Smokey Robinson and The Stylistics, so you know she has picked three classic slow jams...and you wont get any complaints from me, lol.

Featured this week the is album by T.G.T., (that being Tank, Genuine and Tyreese) and they have debuted together with "Three Kings," it came as bit of a surprise to me and a pleasant one at that.  It really feels like we have a lot of artists with real talent around at the moment and a kind of unity that can only be good for the music industry. I have to say I'm not a big fan of tracks featuring' this or that artists' but when three real talents work together like this the results are pretty good. I hope you enjoy the tracks I have chosen but please remember its only my choice so check out the album I'm sure you will like other tracks too.

En Vogue singer Dawn Robinson
Listen out for the recent song from Willie Clayton, big fan of Willie he is a prolific recording artist and rarely fails to deliver great product. A new name to me is Dawn Robinson, but her release "Set It Off" is very impressive, thanks to Mickey Nold for pointing this one out to me. I never need an excuse to play anything by Yolanda Adams, I just  think this lady is amazing and she is the Gospel Pick for this week.So there's the round-up of what's on offer for this show in addition to the usual mix of soulful tunes, some well known, some not so, I like to keep it interesting here at the Science Of Soul so enjoy and please remember to share my link and thank you for being part of  my Soul family. [Bridge FM readers click 4 Podcast]

Playlist for Sunday 25th September 2013


 
Hour One
Gina Foster - B Side Of Love
Willie Clayton - Smile
Buddy Miles - Got To Find Ms Right
Dawn Robinson - Set It Off
Lamar Thomas - Please Take Me Back
T.G.T. - No Fun / OMG
Chuck Brooks - Last Minit Plans
Ann Nesby - This Weekend
*Levert - I've Been Waiting
*Floyd Taylor - Unfinished Business
*The O'Jays - Let Me Make Love To You
The Persuaders - Stay With Me

Hour Two
Phil Hurtt - Please Don't Come Home
Lanier & Co - After I Cry Tonight
Latimore - If I Had Loved You More
T.G.T. - Sex Never Felt Better
Nicholas Bearde - Miracle Love
Carl Weathers - You Oughta Be With Me
Yolanda Adams - Be Blessed
The Dynamic Superiors - Walk Softly
Andre Lee - Never Been Hurt
Ali Ollie Woodson - You Need Love
Aretha Franklin - You Can't Take Me For Granted


T.G.T. Biography:

TGT is a supergroup formed in 2007 that consists of successful R&B singers Tyrese, Ginuwine, and Tank. The three are friends and Tyrese was best man at Ginuwine's wedding, but this represents their first collaboration. Their first song is a remix of Tank's "Please Don't Go". The trio also appears on Slim Thug's single "Let Me Grind". In an interview, Tyrese said the group would be the "ultimate R&B fan experience. Me, Tank and Ginuwine been talking about this forever. The reason why this makes sense is that besides all of us being R&B singers, we're all good friends. Every time I see Tank, every time I see Ginuwine, we all had good energy regardless." The trio planned the Shirts Off Tour for late 2007, with Avant as an opening act. As part of the tour, they planned to hold auditions for a fourth member of the group. The tour faced delays, however, and was anticipated for early 2008. The group faced difficulties given that each member of the trio is signed to a different record label, and on August 21, 2008 Ginuwine announced on his MySpace blog that due to label and legal issues they will not be able to release an official TGT album at the moment. 
On September 22, 2012, Tyrese reveal on his Twitter page that the group has been officially signed to Atlantic Records.  They released their debut album Three Kings on August 20, 2013 on Atlantic Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-