22.4.13

The Missing Pieces

  Good to have you back... the show's a little different this week... rather than have a featured artist I've
'The Missing Pieces'
used the program space to play a few tracks I've been wanting to play for some months, being three soul legends who I've never included in the show before. They are: Ronnie Dyson, Ben E King and Wilson Pickett  (the Missing Pieces), I can't understand why it's taken so long to include Ronnie! Benjamin Earl and the Wicked man's material was always a little raw for my taste...that is until "Supernatural Thing" and "Mr Magic Man" jumped out at me. A couple of not often played classics, I hope enjoy them as much as I still do.

Shai Simone
A couple of new releases this week, one from my dear friend Ms Shai Simone with her single "I Love You Baby" , it's been getting a lot of air-play in the Southern States, she's originally from Detroit and now makes her home in Mississippi. Simone is renown for her great live shows and her popularity is on the rise. Great to see Wendell B's album that we featured a few weeks back doing so well , It was so hard picking three tracks from that album, so I've included another song this week.

JT at  Bentley's, Dudley
Our 'Listeners Selection' comes from a long time friend of both myself and Mickey, his Facebook name is  D Jay Tee, but most people know him as 'JT' or Jeff Turner. His selections today give us a glimpse into his jazzy nature and I love how varied his tracks are. Week-to-week I really enjoy the listeners choices, as I am sure the other listeners do! Jeff has a long history with Soul and Jazzfunk and has been a club and radio DJ from time-to-time in the local Birmingham/Coventry areas for many years and a man I have a lot of respect for. His selection is marked as '*'.

In the 'Gospel Spot' this week I've selected ex-Shalamar singer Howard Hewitt, why?, because he's just an amazing vocalist and so underrated in my opinion. I personally would include him among the greats of any era.

Bobby Womack
I was just  thinking 'bout all the great music that Bobby Womack has given us over the years and it's so nice to see him rise in popularity again. For our British followers it was great to see him on mainstream television on the Jonathon Ross show, although his new album in my opinion is not one of his most soulful ones. It though has been one of his most successful in a long time, so lets hope we get another album but with more input from Bobby himself in the near future.

Music time ... as always back to the music enjoy......
This Sunday's track-listing, 21st April 2013



Hour One
Gene Rice - Love Is Calling You
Shai Simone - I Love You Baby
Wilson Pickett - Mr. Magic Man
Carl Sims - 17 Days Of Loving
Peggy Scott Adams - Mr Right Or Mr Wrong
Wendell B. - Get To Know You
Ben E King - Supernatural Thing
Darien Dean - Nowere
*Michael Franks - Eye Of The Storm
*Anita Baker - Rapture
*Bob James - Woman Of Ireland
Clarence Carter - You've Been A Long Time Coming

Hour Two
G.C. Cameron - Nights Like This In Georgia
Lakeside - Bullseye
Lonnie Hill - Could This Be Love
First Choice - I Know I Love More
Eugene Henderson - I'll Make It Rain
Ronnie Lovejoy - I'm In Need Of A Good Woman
Howard Hewitt - Your Love
Ronnie Dyson - I Think I'll Tell Her
Gerald Levert - Answering Service
Johnnie Taylor - Just One Moment
Deniece Williams - Waiting
Johnny Bristol - She Came Into My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-